1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by foreverducky, Nov 21, 2010.

1. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I went and saw Harry Potter today. I really enjoyed it. It's definitely setting us up for the last part. I think it ended well and kept me interested the whole time.

My favorite character has always been Ron and he STILL has the best lines in the movie. I laughed several times.

Without giving anything away, the part I was not looking for happened and I cried.

Can't wait for the last part! But then again, it will be sad to see it all come to an end.

Anyone else seen it?

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Just goes to show, different people different views :lol: I was really pretty bored and thought it was a really poor version of the book :nono:

I think I know the bit you're talking about and although sad, they did make it more... worthy, than the book did.

It was always going to be hard to bring the deathly hallows to the screen. The book is large and the first half is necessary but kinda tedious. It felt like they'd gone through the book mapping out the key scenes and scrapping the rest which whilst understandable, resulted in a very obvious series of distinct scenes with little glue.

I mean it doesn't much matter, every Harry Potter fan has to go see the thing anyway :) but not great IMHO.

I'm pretty sure that the last one will be awesome though :) from where they stopped, the less exciting bits are over and there's pretty much action from here on in. Looking forward to that one!

3. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

Umm, it kinda lost me to be honest. The previous film (Half Blood Prince) I thought was a waste of space (sorry just my opinion) and while watching this instalment I felt like I had missed something out (like another film), I didn't really see how the last film flowed into this one.

4. foreverducky

I love how we all have different views.

The last movie was such a disappointment. Nothing really happened and it seemed to just be a space filler.

To be honest, I can't wait to have a Harry Potter marathon once they are all on dvd.

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I saw this on Friday night. First HP movie I've seen. I started the books last weekend and am starting #5 next. I did cheat a bit and googled 5,6&7 so I'd know what's going on.

6. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Well I loved the first 2 movies, haven't read the books, they never interested me lol. Then I got a bit bored with the movies, same old, same old, I watched the last one on saturday and nearly fell asleep but this one I thought was brilliant, I understood what was going on, liked the subtlety of the bit I think you were talking about. I jumped at one bit! Can't wait for the next installment!

7. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

We went last night, our house is split on if it was a good film or not.
    Me and yopungest son loved it but hubby and eldest son wasn't keen.
    i have watched all the film and read all the books, i thought they followed the book very well when making this film and can't wait for the next part.

8. foreverducky

I went into it thinking it's the beginning of one really long movie, so then I think I wasn't expecting big action.

9. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We all loved it and thought it was a good adaptation of the first half of the book. I think it's the 2nd or 3rd best movie of the series (1st being Order of the Phoenix and the other being The Goblet of Fire).

Needless to say that Deathly Hallows Part II is going to be action packed!

10. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I saw it the other night and I was bored to tears. If I hadn't been the kids I definitely would have left. Sorry for those who enjoyed it but it was horrible in my opinion.

11. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I thought it was fairly dark and moved away from being typical teenagers movie!