1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by Dawn, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the tip Sam, I still think I'm too much of a coward :lol:

2. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Oh Wendy trust me when I say this is not that bad. It's a standing joke in our house that I freak out on the kids roller coaster in Shamu Harbour in Seaworld. My 6 year old is braver than me. Although there's a lot of twisting around but the effects are brilliant and you really feel like you're riding a broom stick with harry potter.

3. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

If you go in expecting a coaster, you will be disappointed. (I was not expecting a coaster--I hate them--so I was more than happy!)

It's part motion-simulator, part dark ride, all controlled by a robotic arm. Parts of it are similar to Soarin' or the Simpsons ride at Universal, in that you are moving in correlation to a huge screen in front of you, but then it switches up and you're moving through actual rooms. To me, that was part of what made it so exciting and interesting, not knowing what effect was coming at you next.

It is definitely not a coaster itself (that would be the Dragon Challenge - big coaster and Flight of the Hippogriff - baby coaster). But if you are sensitive to motion sickness, you might want to rethink. Or just walk through the castle! I've heard you can do that without riding. :)