1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Harry Potter crowds

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by Isafari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

From Fox 35 news -

Less than one month since opening, crowds are so large at the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando that the park is telling guests to stay away until later in the day.

Along with park maps, a new one page insert is being handed out at the parks entrance titled: Plan Your Day. In order to minimize wait times, Universal encourages you to experience other areas of Universals Islands of Adventure earlier in the day, and plan on visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter after 3:00 p.m.

The flyer just showed up this weekend. Two families visiting from Europe who were in the park Friday didn’t get one. A family from Ireland says the wait was too long for the headline attraction Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey that they left and will try again another day. Another family from England was on their way to the park after 5 p.m.

“We’re going back now, hopefully the crowds wont be as busy,” said Debbie Carter.

To control the crowds, Universal is issuing paper tickets for guests waiting to get into the Wizarding World and to prevent cutting in line. Extra merchandise and drink cart areas are also being added to ease some of the congestion inside the shops. Liquor sales have also been suspended inside the Hogs Head Tavern to speed up the serving of the popular non-alcoholic Butter Beer.

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Wow!, it should hav been done as a separate park, the franchise demanded it and the hype has been off the wall - its no surprise that it has had this reception and I suspect it will continue to draw people for years and years

Universal have struck gold here ( galleons of it )

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Wow!

I'm not surprised though. Maybe in 5 years I will give it a go.

4. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Hope its calmed down a bit by November!

5. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Have already got our tickets for August and now wondering if it was wise :unsure:

Maybe we'll just go later in the day and stay for the evening and eat at City Walk..

Decisions, decisions

Sandra

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I think our plan is to just wander around the new area and not expect to get on any of the rides.....if we do it's a bonus.

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

And Universal has raised ticket prices too!! They had an internet special forever that was 7 day 2 park hopper for $99. It's like $149 for 3 days with no hopping. I will be waiting to go to Universal for at least another year.

8. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

ive booked to stay at royal pacific for two nights hoping that i'll manage to get harry potter all done