1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Has anyone been to Disneyland Paris Recently

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by Wendy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I was talking to Livvy earlier and she was begging me to take her back to Merica as she still calls it :lol:

I said I didn't think her mum and dad would like her being away for so long as they would miss her and her reply was "I can skype them" :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

So, it got me thinking, I went a long long time ago to Paris, probably 11 or 12 years ago and I didn't like it, it didn't have the same Magic as WDW or Disneyland and I found it really strange that the shows were in French :lol:

Does anyone know if the park has got better, is it more magical than it was, I was just thinking of maybe us taking Liv at some stage :unsure:

2. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Addicted to Mickey

Hi,

We've been to Disneyland Paris a number of times, and at first it was a complete shock given the comparison to WDW in Florida. But if you look at it from a European perspective it still has a bit of Disney magic.

There are the usual favourites in the two parks, and a number of rides that WDW doesn't have. Space Mountain is great, as is the Crush turtle ride.

Compared to WDW you could do both parks in two days and then pop to Paris for a day.

Downsides for us were: a) that mainland Europeans quite happily smoke all over the place, including at food places and in the queues, and b) given the price of the Euro, everything is stupidly expensive. Much more so that WDW. Something that would cost $20 in Florida would cost 20euro in Paris, which is half again as much. c) No regular fireworks or other shows in the evening, apart from special occasions.

If someone has never been to WDW that I'd say to pop to Paris for a few days. If they have, be prepared for a bit of a culture shock.

Not sure if that helps though?

S
    x

3. Wendy

Thanks Stephen :)

The smoking was one of our pet hates as well, I also found people to be very rude and pushing their children forward for photos rather than waiting in line.

So do you think a 9 year old would notice the difference, she was 4 when we went but she looks through the photos from WDW all the time, talking about what she did and who she met.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It`s things like this, along with other negative views that I`ve heard which have really put me off considering a trip to DLP...even though I am a smoker! [A well behaved one though. :lol:]

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Wonder what kind of burgers they serve in the parks lol

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Well, hamburgers is an anagram of Shergar bum! :lol:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  7. Wendy

:laugh:

8. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Addicted to Mickey

Wendy. I have no experience of dealing with 9 year olds. If she is looking at photos all the time she may know the difference. Depends if she can be easily distracted by sticking her in rides all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

10. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I personally quite like Disneyland during the christmas season. It made it even extra special. Also it so cold that it seems to affect the smokers :wiggle:

I think that seeing all of the christmas decorations in the Disney park gave it a bit of extra magic and I would go back in heart beat. BUT..

The cost is quite steep now. With the '30%' sale they are still asking for £700 for room alone including the park tickets which is is okay ish. However you need to factor in the travel cost and pocket money.

For another £700 we could be on Disney Magic for 5 days cruising around the Meds.... It does put perspective on things.

11. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Thought I'd add my two pence worth. Sadly though I am probably going to get a reputation of a grumpy old bloke! :yes:

We went in 2011 I think. We stopped at the Hotel Cheyenne.

The rooms were typical Disney rooms clean, tidy and warm. The hotel itself was well themed and I really liked it.

The staff were pleasant enough but it wasn't Disney good for me.

There wasn't a lot to do at night as there version of Downtown Disney was very small. By ten o'clock it was like a ghost town.

We did the Wild west show which was ok.

As for the parks. Well the Studios was disapointing. Very small, and not as many rides as I was expecting.

The Stitch show was very clever I thought and managed to catch the English version of the show too. Tower of Terror was good but missed the English lift so was all in French! Crushes coaster was fab too.

The Disneyland Park was nice. The castle was smallish but very cute. There space mountain is much better than Orlando though!

Now I probably shouldn't say this but the biggest problem with Euro Disney is the fact it is in France. Generally the people are very set in their ways and as a result comes across to me as rude.

I wish they had stuck with their original plan of Spain for this park as not only would you have nicer people but also better weather.

I had to go to see for myself and my biggest gripe is the cost.

The hotels cost the same if not more than florida and the price of the Eurostar is ridiculous.

In summery, if it were cheaper I would go again, but given the price I would rather go every other year to Disney World and get the proper magic.

12. Wendy

I'm completely with you about where the Park was built and you're not grumpy :hug2: It's nice to see things from different perspectives.

The prices are silly and are one of the things which are stopping me from giving it a go again.

13. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Talking of prices I was looking at dates for next year and for the hotel alone it was over £800 for 3/4 nights. Now stay out a bit by the shopping mall and its about £200 for the same stay. We are then looking at about £70 each person each way for standard seats.
    Really wish it was cheaper!
    I think if we go again I would stay off site.

:wiggle: