1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Has Anyone Seen the New MyMagic+ Adventure Box?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Beccaberry, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Let me preface this by saying that when we returned from our "Bucket List" trip in October, I received a survey from the Beach Club specifically. Of course, I agreed to take the survey and the final question asked, "Is there anything we could have done to make your stay more magical?" After the glowing review I'd just given them, I simply said it was a shame that after waiting all these years to stay at my "If you could stay anywhere on property..." resort, it would have been awesome if they had offered a "Bounceback" offer like they had in years past. Two days later I received a call from Disney. The CM said they'd been in receipt of my survey and wondered if they could ask me a few follow-up questions. Of course! I'd talk Disney to a wall, but a real live CM was even better! Anyway, bottom line, they offered to book us the Bounceback offer for next year. So we will be returning to the Beach Club in September :)

Soooooooo...this weekend we received the cutest little package from Disney! It wasn't our magicbands, but it was, well, and adventure box! I felt quite like I was carrying out some manner of espionage and kept wondering if the flashdrive would "self destruct" in T-4.

Anyway, here's a photo and quick walk through... Desktop.jpg
    Cute box with the Disney icon on the front (which will be recycled onto my desk at work to hold post-it notes). Inside is a booklet with information about your trip as well as suggestions and ideas for each park. This booklet also walks you through the My Disney Experience process - from Magicbands to Fastpass+ reservations. Very handy. On the last page, there's even a hand-dandy magnet with important dates to remember (i.e. final payment dates, dates to begin making ADR's and Fastpass+, etc). Very cool! (and currently residing on my refrigerator).

Finally, nestled in the box is an adorable white flash drive with the Mickey icon. Take it out, plug it in, and it begins to "glow" green (just like at the parks!). An icon pops up on your desktop (bottom right photo) that says, "Disney" :) Click it and you're taken to two messages from Edna (The Incredibles) describing the "power" of your Magicbands and My Magic+ in general. Very cute, quite informative. Of course, after watching the messages (and bookmarking them online), I erased the memory card and now have an ADORABLE 2GB flash drive to use at work. Because I'm crazy like that.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    Watchinherskip and keith like this.
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

crumbs! I wasn't going to buy it again this time but it's worth it just to get the flash drive!

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Want. Seriously want. :mental:

Tom ( :macwave:... arrrrgghhhhh... need!)

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

no comprende.... what do you have to buy?

5. Beccaberry

You don't actually have to "buy" anything...it's just what they send when you book a holiday (perhaps a package?).

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

ah I was thinking it was memory maker because I'd read that you get a usb drive with that too

7. Beccaberry

Ah yes, I've read that as well! Sorry, no, different item altogether. Basically, this replaces the previous "welcome packet" you used to get in the mail upon booking a holiday.

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I booked a bounce back on November and received the same package. I really like the box

9. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I want one! There's a severe lack of Disney geekery in my opinion (discounting the t-shirts with geek Mickey on them)

10. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

I screamed (to the dismay and scaring DW to be and the dog) when I saw the mail at DW to be apartment. We received ours for the Honeymoon after I customized our bands (I also screamed when I discovered I could do it). While I LOVE the flash drive, the book was more amazing. Saying we are so glad to have you in September for your Honeymoon. I love the magnet with customized dates to when we can make ADR, online check in, when money is do, and when the trip is.