1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Has Anyone Upgraded their AP for the New RFID Pass

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Our Annual Passes expire in September, but I was thinking about getting them upgraded for the new RFID passes.

I was just wondering if anyone has done this and if the lines for the RFID entrance is a lot shorter than the turnstiles.

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have the RFID AP. we didn't have to wait to use the turnstiles. People behind us did because mine didn't work twice.

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Thanks Johnie, so will they just swap ours for the new ones and the free parking etc will all be on it. I have read that some people have had problems as the new pass doesn't differentiate between the passes with free parking or without :unsure:

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We bought the new AP`s on our last trip Wendy and we didn`t have a problem with the free parking issue. You just show your AP at the car park entrance and get waved through exactly as before, although no doubt they sometimes ask for an ID, but they never did with us.
    The time taken to enter the parks is around the same as when they had the turnstiles, however this is probably due to the newness of the scheme and getting Joe Public to understand the process on their first visit.