1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Has the monorail ever broken down?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by mgmrach, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mgmrach

mgmrach Imagineer

Can you tell Im afraid of heights?

I was thinking what if it broke down at a point where there's nothing along side, how would we get off it? do you think they'd have to have people climb down a ladder or something :eek: ?

2. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

If the monrail breaks down a special train is sent out that can push or tow it to the nearest station.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

And yes, it has and does break down. They were having some real problems with it at the end of August. Fortunately, when I was on it, it stopped running at the boarding dock. We were allowed to get off.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We were on the monorail a few years ago during a lightning/thunderstorm. At the time we were on one of the highest sections of the loop in between MK and the Contemp.
    The driver announced that the storm had affected the operation of the monorail and told us to remain calm amid the darkness! :shocked025:
    Fortunately power was restored after a few minutes but several of the passengers were beginning to get a bit concerned by then.
    In the end all was ok and we all lived to fight another day.

5. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I hadnt thought of it breaking down before :shocked025: but glad about the push or tow instead of a ladder!!