1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Haunted Mansion Secrets

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by eeyoreguy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

I got these from a keys to the kingdom tour and hope I got them all right. There's a special haunted mansion website www.doombuggies.com

1. the towers over the hm. many say they are chess pieces and all. Howeer they are not in anyway trying to resemble chess pieces

2. the wdw haunted manision is a Dutch Gothic manor

3. inside the hearse in front of the hm there is an invitation to join the 999 happy haunts

4. the hm was not originally gracey manor (from the movie and tombstone) yale gracey was one of the lead imagineers working on the hm.

5. the thing hanging above you in the stretching room is master gracey

6. at one point the mansions had live actors in a knight costume scare guest but this proved harmful to both the actor and guest

7. the "breathing door" in the corridor of doors is from the 1963 movie the haunting

8. the 13 hour clock actually is a face it has eyes the face of the clock is its mouth and the pendelum is a tail, as well if you watch closely a shadow of a demons hand appears on the wall

9. madame leota ( the disembodied head in the ball) is actually a projection of the head of Imagineer Leota Toombs

10. the organ at dl's hm in the grand ballroom is captain nemo's organ. actually used in 20k under the sea movie.

11. the illusion that u see in the ball room is called "peppers ghost" it is incredibly easy using only a light animatronics and a window

12. "grim grinning ghosts" the ghostly song in the graveyard was written by X. Antecio. X. also wrote "yo, ho yo,ho pirates life for me" from potc

13. the five singing busts have character names. from right to left they are: Ned Nub, Uncle Theodore, Rollo Rumkin, Phineas puck, and Cousin Al

14. the three hitchhiking ghost also have names, ezra: the tall one holding his hat. Phineas: the chubby one with the bag in his hand. And Gus: the short little convict with the long white beard

15. the ghost following you home trick isn a one way see through mirror. the ghost is on the other side with a special light so u see your reflection with the ghost next to you at paris's the phantom creeps over your doom buggie so you dont notice

16 at the end you hear a little voice beckoning you to return and bring your death certificate and if you look up you will see a minature bride doll talking. this is the same face as you see in the crystal ball. this little doll is referred to as " little leota"

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Very cool.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Point no 6 reminded me of the time shortly after Test Track opened when they had a CM dressed a a crash test dummy who occasionally came to life and scared the wits out of some of the guests entering the attraction. Haven`t seen it recently and I often wonder if he/she is still there at times.

4. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I would have a heart attack as I never heard this Slowhand . Now I'll be watching . LOL

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Some really interesting things there, thanks for sharing :D

6. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

a couple more

The plates on the dining room table are unofficial hidden mickies. The imagineers never intended them to look like mickey but the cast members kept rearranging the plates :D in the end there's been a truce called and the imagineers have let the cms off with this one as long as they dont do any more. They still don't list them as official hidden mickies though because they were planned by the imagineers

There is a hidden Donald in the chair back when you see the candle floating in the hall.

The official hidden mickey is in the graveyard scene as you are getting ready to leave the graveyard, there is an opera singing ghost, look to your right and you will see an open grave with the grim reaper holding a mickey icon

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Yikes! You have a fantastic memory--or take good notes! :lol:

I remember about half of that from our tour! :)

8. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Those are excellent tips/secrets. I'll always remember when we where getting into our doom buggies in the haunted mansion and my Dad and my Sister where in the buggy infront of us. A female CM lent over their cart, stayed there for ages and then went "HAVE a nice day". My sister screamed the place down! It was hilarious!

9. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Very cool secrets about my favorite ride!

10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

great!!!!
    I didnt know any of them!!!