1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

having groceries delivered?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Disfan, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

any place that can do this to a disney resort? I dont fancy doing a grocery stop on the way to the resort but would like some things for the room especially water

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

There are two that I know of:

wegoshop.com and
    gardengrocer.com.

They operate a bit differently, and are priced differently. You can check their websites for specifics.

In general:

At wegoshop.com, you specify items by brand name and size (UPC codes are helpful if it's an unusual item) and they shop just as you would. There is a shopping fee and gratuity added to the cost.

At gardengrocer.com, they have a standardized list. You also can request other items. I don't remember how they charge the fee--it might be a percent of the total purchase.

Both will purchase perishables as well as staples and WDW bell/luggage services will have the perishables refrigerated if you are not at the resort at the time of delivery.

If you need delivery at a very popular time (holiday weekends, for example), be sure to order well in advance to confirm your specified delivery date.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

4. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

gardengrocer.com is the one that we are going to use this trip. I have never ordered like this either but we are staying at the cabins and won't have a car this time. If you order more that $200 the delivery fee is free. I believe if it is under $200 then it is a flat fee of $15. I am ok with that because I think we will hit the limit with 6 very different people in the same cabin. But if we don't $15 is much less than a cab fee and it saves me time so I don't have to shop. I will let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'll really be interested in learning how it went. :yes: I look forward to your critique of the service, and the quality of the food that you recieve.

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

If you could write us a small review of the service that would be awesome. :wink:

7. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

Sure.... hopefully it will be a good review. I am a little nervous about it. I am going with disney first timers so I want everything to go smoothly. We will place our order this week so I will keep you posted on how easy or helpful they are.