1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Healthy eating at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Wendy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Yes you read the title correctly :lol: You can eat healthily whilst on holiday. Here are some suggestions from each park:

Magic Kingdom Park

At Columbia Harbor House you can try the grilled salmon with fresh steamed broccoli and couscous.

salmon-forum.jpg

There is also the Crystal Palace their buffet has a choice of healthy options including, edamame salad; shrimp, mango and black bean salad; turkey vegetable soup; beet salad; papaya and arugula salad; Thai curry mussels, and roast turkey. Just remember to stay away from the dessert bar.

endame-salad.jpg

Epcot

In World Showcase, you have plenty of options available, Sushi in the Japan Pavilion; grilled veggie tacos at La Hacienda de San Angel in the Mexico Pavilion (ask for the vegetarian menu); the Chinese chicken salad at Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China Pavilion; the lemon chicken or kebabs at Restaurant Marrakesh in the Morocco Pavilion; the vegetable curry with lentil bread at Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in the United Kingdom Pavilion, and the jumbo shrimp with cannelloni beans, olive oil and lemon juice at Via Napoli in the Italy Pavilion.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

The grilled veggie sandwich at Backlot Express is delicious but remember to ask for carrot sticks and not fries :)

veggie-sandwich.jpg

For dinner you could always visit Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano for a bowl of the whole wheat campanelle pasta (shaped like a little bell) served with broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach and sweet onions.

Animal Kingdom

In Animal Kingdom the Flame Tree Barbecue has their house smoked half chicken. If you want something more than a snack then at the Tusker House Restaurant, you can pick and choose from all sorts of salads; spiced tandoori tofu; couscous with roasted veggies; salmon, and curry chicken in their buffet.

Finally there is always the option of a piece of fresh fruit from one of the carts instead of popcorn or chips.

What other food and places can you think of that serves healthy food?
  2. Britchick

Britchick Forum Host Forum Host

kona cafe and Yak and yeti had some good options too. I don't like too much fried stuff and don't eat creamy sauces etc now so sourced some good meals this year.
  3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Nope, not for me thank you - i spend my whole year being "good" and when im on holiday i want to eat everything bad! :D
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: That's more or less the same as Chris says :lol:
  5. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Whenever we had a counter service combo meal we always asked for fruit instead of the dessert. :thumbsup:
  6. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I usually start being bad but midway my tummy tells me to start being good! Since we usually get the dining plan I always order dessert but don't feel bad about leaving most of it on my plate!!!( except for lunch when the desserts usually stink!!!)
  7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

It really was quite good!!!
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I do use vacations as an excuse to continue my poor eating habits... :sigh:

But the day I ask for carrots instead of fries??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Not even at my most healthy food "nazi" stages would I do THAT?! LOLOL.

I love the choices in EPCOT's world showcase. I do make healthy selections often, for all my tough talk. Too much greasy stuff always makes me ill. :sorry: