1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

hello :)

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by lmarie720, Jan 18, 2013.

1. lmarie720

lmarie720 Earning my ears

Hello Fair Disney Lovers!

My name is Lauren, I am a 19 (in one week ;) ) year old student from Georgia. I am ENGAGED to the best man ever, we've been inseparable for three amazing years. We are planning on marrying in May/June of 2014, depending on the Army schedule. We are marrying and driving to Yellowstone for a week then coming to st house-keep up... BUT *drum roll* after much begging and pleading, I have convinced him that we should do a Disney World trip the October of that year. I decided to do it as a family trip too with our families going to have a little bit of relaxation.

Right now he isn't so joyous to be going, but... I know he'll love it.

I went once when I was very young so I do not remember much.

He and I have already decided that when we have children if they love it enough to brave the DVC prices and become members.

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Hi Lauren and :secrets3: we have a lot of knowledge between us about WDW, please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. You must be very excited!

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi Lauren!

And :spraywelcome: to Secrets.

Y'all come on in and sit a spell. (See, you're not the only one from Georgia)

You've come to the right place for Disney fans. There couldn't be a nicer board. Join in. Ask your questions. Share your thoughts and experiences.
    You're gonna love it here! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director. :sail:)

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi Lauren and a warm :secrets3:

Glad that you stopped by.

Don`t worry about it, your fiance will have a ball at WDW that`s for sure. :yes:

See you around the site. :wave:

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi Lauren and welcome to Secrets :wave:

My husband was not into Disney at all and we've been back virtually every year since 1995.

Hope we can help you plan and look forward to getting to know you :D

6. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

:wave:Hi Lauren and welcome to Secrets.

I'd say it'll probably be the first of many trips for your fiance - it gets you hooked :yes:

Enjoy planning your trip

Sandra

7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

:wave:Hi Lauren,

Welcome to our little forum. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and please thank your fiance for his service to our country. Part of the fun of a Disney vacation is the PLANNING! It is exciting (not that the rest of your life right now isn't!)

I hope you have a wonderful wedding, trip to Yellowstone (on my bucket list) and trip to Disney.

8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Hi Lauren!

Welcome to Secrets!

Congratulaitons on your engagement!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time planning your wedding and your furute trips! :)

9. lmarie720

lmarie720 Earning my ears

Right now I'm debating on the Grand Floridan, Port Orleans, or the Poly... I wanted AKL but I want to be able to see the fireworks :p

10. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I am a tad biased here but the Grand Floridian is our favourite on-site resort and we have stayed there oodles of times ever since it first opened.
    You get a fantastic view of the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from the resort, and loads of folk gather around the marina area to get a good view, however you can secure some great viewing locations with hardly anyone around...if you know where to look!

11. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

If you want to see the fireworks at the MK from your resort, you should forget Port Orleans. Even though it's our favorite resort. :sigh:

Tom :)macwave:... too far away...)

12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Welcome, Bride to Be! Sounds like you have some good plans in the making. :yes:

The Contemporary can provide an excellent view of the fireworks, too depending upon room location of course.

Also, Bay Lake Towers (the DVC attached to the Contemporary). You could book a villa there on the upper floors with a view of MK. That might help with family too, if you are willing to share accommodation.

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans and helping you with our opinions, too! :D

13. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If you want somewhere romantic then I wouldn't go to the Poly. It was somewhere I have always wanted to stay and when eventually we did I was really disappointed.

My husband and I found it was really noisy and there were lots of children running round. We used to dread going to breakfast every morning :sigh: and we found that even the quiet pool had children there - yeah I know it's WDW :lol:

Ironically if we wanted to sit somewhere quiet and relax, we would end up in World Showcase sat on a bench or over at the Beach Club, sat outside watching the world go by.

When we've been to the Beach Club or Grand Floridian it seems "grown up" if that's the right expression. I always find the atmosphere relaxed and calm. If I wanted somewhere romantic, I think I would opt for one of those.

14. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i would say the Grand Floridian for romantic, wasn't too impressed with the Poly and don't think that the contemporary is romantic at all.

15. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh right. The Poly. No, can't say as I'd be rushing back there. Just an odd resort. Oddly laid out. Odd pool. Odd that there is no hot tub. Odd main lobby area... would't call it romantic.

Contemporary isn't romantic on the surface, but having a room or villa with full view of the castle, the fireworks and champagne? Romance. :D :D