1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hello!

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by Miss Britt, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

Hi!

I have heard there is also "low traffic" in the parks in October, I found this out after I picked our dates, but I am hoping this to be true. I know to expect lines and crowds, but being that we are only there for 5 days I hope that we will benefit from that. I know we still won't see everything, but that is a perfect excuse to have to take another Disney Vacation in the *hopefully* near future. :angel:

Our vacation is a Monday-Friday so no weekend for us. I did not want to be there on a weekend because I assume, as with most places, that the weekend would be much more hectic. We plan to spend 1 day per park - MK, Epcot & DHS on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Monday will be a waterpark & DTD for dinner at Fulton's. Friday we will be going to Donald's Safari Breakfast and then AK and a late flight home.

I already have a few restaurants picked out and I know to make ADR as early as I can, so as soon as park hours are released and we know the Extra Magic Hours for each park, I can make our ADR based on which park we visit on each day. We are getting the Deluxe Dining Plan (In hopes that Disney will have free dining for our dates as they have the past few years and then we would just pay the difference of the base plan & the deluxe per date) if not, oh well! I would rather not have to worry about paying for meals while we are there and just pay up front.

I have been doing my research, and I still have a lot more to do, but so far I feel like I know what I am doing when it comes to planning this vacation. I am very excited about this trip, just the researching and planning makes me happy!

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

MB, I'm really sorry, I've only just realised you are looking for hours for October 2013, they are up on our main site here they've been there for about a month now.

I thought you were waiting for November's hours to come out :sorry:

3. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

Wow! I have been checking on Disney's website and hours were not posted the last time I looked, though it has been a few days. You just made my day! Thank you!! :)

4. Wendy

You are more than welcome, I just wished I'd realised sooner. I usually get them a month before they are published on the Disney site. There can be some alterations as it gets closer but I always post any amendments.

You can start planning now :wiggle:

5. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

I have officially started planning. :D

Now I am running into an issue with what day we are going to Magic Kingdom.. Of course I want to have dinner at Be Our Guest and it the hardest place to get reservations at right now.:unsure:

6. Wendy

:mental: :mental: brilliant news :D

As far as BoG goes, I would be flexible on time and make sure you are on the phone as soon as they open.

7. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

If I am lucky enough to get a dinner reservation, I will go to MK whichever day I can get in there. It is one of the only ADR I really have my heart set on. My boyfriend and I talked about it already, and if I have to, I will settle for lunch there, I just want to make sure I experience it!

I have only a few more days until I can book, I called the dining reservations line today, just to ask a few questions so I was prepared, and was told the best route to even have a shot for one of my 3 days is to go on the website at 6:00 AM EST on April 24th and hopefully there will be something.

8. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Miss britt, ive put reminders in my phone for each day I want to make reservations. Im so excited but nervous!! :eek:

:wiggle:

9. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

I am nervous, too! I printed out sheets and have made our "Plans A, B, C" just in case one doesn't work out. I have been doing trial runs on the Dining Reservations site just to see how it will be to try to get my reservations 180 days out. This morning there were quite a few openings for BoG on October 15th, so I am hopeful. My boyfriend and I start work at 7:00AM so I am always up before 5:00 on weekdays, and I am always ready by 6:00 so the website will be no problem for me.

Good luck with your reservations! I hope you get what you're hoping for! :)

10. Suebeattie

We are there for 2 weeks but the 2nd week my bro and his family are there and dont want to do much disney - they only want to do magic kingdom and thats when we plan on doing the not so scary halloween party. Basically there is really only one or two days we can choose from. When I went on the site today at 12.30 our time which would be 7.30 your time (I think) there was nothing left for be our guest :(.
    I will be hitting the site as soon as 11amGMT hits lol
    Good luck to you too :D

11. Wendy

Sue, you need to be on the phone or online before 12 and keep trying until you either get an answer or keep searching for the date.

Do you want me to try for you as we'll?

12. Suebeattie

Thanks Wendy - does the online open at 11 our time?
    ive taken a leaf out of miss Britts book and got various plans, trying to plan on days when the parks are meant to be quiet (if that ever happens!) and trying to avoid days when they are meant to be busy.
    Will it be bad if I booked the same Restaurant on various days and cancel them once I've got them all booked? :shrug1:

13. Wendy

You have to leave a credit card hold on most reservations so there is no reason why you can't book the same restaurant on various days.

When I tried I was online at 11.50 trying to get make a reservation and then I started dialling the UK number about the same time.

14. Suebeattie

Thanks wendy :). I will be poised and ready to go on tuesday.

15. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us! I'm hoping for 10/23 reservations, as that is our exact 4 year anniversary, and also the only night out of 12/22-12/24 that features Wishes.

16. Suebeattie

It didnt occur to me that wishes wouldnt be on, but now I think about it it makes sense they wont be on when mnsshp is on I suppose. I really need to do more research lol :rolleyes:

17. Wendy

No, Wishes isn't on when it's Party night, you get Hallo Wishes instead which is brilliant and well worth seeing :D

18. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Thinking you mean 10/22-10/24 vice 12 since you are hoping for 10/23?

19. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

Oh my! Yes, 10/22-10/24. I type so quickly sometimes & don't proofread! :doh:

20. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

We are still not sure about MNSSHP.. I'm sure we would enjoy it, just not sure how we would fit it in quite yet. I swear I am basing my whole vacation around reservations at BOG..