1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hello!

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by Miss Britt, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

MNSSHP is wonderful, it is the best party in my opinion, there are lots of shows, 2 parades and Hallowishes. We go every year, I just can't help myself :lol:
  2. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

If you can spare the extra cost then why not?? Mind you we're only doing it this year because there will be little people with us :p

:wiggle:
  3. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

I know I would need a special ticket for this, but how does it work if I am already in MK that day? Do I have to exit and re-enter? How do they know who did and did not pay for MNSSHP?

I knew about MNSSHP but it did not cross my mind that MK closed at 7 on certain days because of it.
  4. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

Is this event aimed more towards children? I think that's my concern, I love Halloween, and I'd like to attend, but I fear it won't be so exciting because we're both adults. If my boyfriends daughter were coming, we would go for sure..
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

It is a separate priced event. If you are already in the park on your regular ticket there is no need to leave. Starting at 4PM you simply walk up to one of several locations where they are giving out wrist bands, show your party ticket and get a wrist band.

My wife are are now both in our 60's. We have been to MNSSHP MANY times.
  6. Disneymama2006

Disneymama2006 Earning my ears

I don't like wine either BUT love the Food and Wine Festival. It is fun to sample foreign foods and just experience the atmosphere.
  7. Wendy

The party is for everyone, we don't have children and we go :D

Adults can go through the candy stations, you will surprised how many people actually dress up, I know I was. You can have a meet and greet with all of the seven dwarves, there are villains out that you don't normally see, I could go on, needless to say I think it's really good :lol:
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They have sour candy too! :D
  9. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

I may even dress up when we go - I need to find an outfit for zac. May wait till we get there cos I would imagine there are a lot more choices over in the states! :D
    The only other time we were in orlando at halloween was when I was 15 and we went to the universal fright nights (I think they were cheaper than disney), needless to say we won't do that again! So disneys version sounds a lot better and we can get loads of candy :eek:

10. Wendy

This is very true :D
  11. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

I think we might do it. It would give us more flexibility for BOG & from looking at pictures I've seen posted online it looks fun! I'm a kid at heart so I know I'll love it, more concerned about the boyfriend. :rolleyes:
  12. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

He will probably love it more than you lol :p

13. Wendy

My husband enjoys it and he is a Disney convert :lol:
  14. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

Sue, you may be right! :laugh: this vacation is being planned because he picked the last vacation we took 2 years ago to Las Vegas(he wanted to bowl in a tournament there while vacationing :rolleyes3:), so he said this time was my turn.

I went ahead and started getting quotes before I even told him where I picked, after we watched the vacation planning DVD he was said "I can't wait to go!!" :happydance: AND he doesn't even want to go to Splitsville! :thud:
  15. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

My dad always came across as though he wasnt fussed about dinsey but when we went a few years ago we went and looked at the dvc. Lee and I couldnt afford it but my mum and dad ended up buying into it and it was mostly my dads idea lol.
    He loves it really :D and im sure lee will love it this time round with zac.

16. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

Apparently I thanked you for a post... Silly iPad :lol:

anyhow, Sue, I believe you're at your 180 days... Did you make any dining reservations yet?
  17. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

Yep less than 180 days to go woooooo hooooo. My first try for adr is tomorrow - going for the rainforest cafe at animal kingdom for dinner and Hollywood and vine for brekkie (hopefully will be cancelling hollywood and vine if we get our main reservation).
    Getting nervous now :eek:!!!
    Have you made any yet?

18. Miss Britt

Miss Britt Imagineer

Hooray!! :) Hollywood & Vine might be nice for the little one, because they feature the Disney Junior characters.. If I had a little one I would pick there and/or Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh for sure.. :yes:

I still have 2 days left until my 180 mark.. :anxious: Since Disney allows you to make reservations for 180 out plus 10, I am planning on making all reservations for the 4 days at one time Wednesday morning. :thumbsup:

There's so many places to choose from, but I have narrowed our dinners and breakfasts down, lunches will be on the fly while we are in the park. I printed off menu's for all the restaurants we would consider dining at, just so I knew that my boyfriend would find something he will enjoy(fussy man that he is) :evil:

I am hoping for BoG, Chefs de France, Chef Mickeys Breakfast & Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House and Fulton's at DTD.. Most of these should not be a problem. I did another trial run this morning for BoG at 6AM and there were spots open for 10/19 and that is a Saturday, so it seems promising for 10/22-10/24. I think I have decided I would rather go on 10/22 or 10/24 and not 10/23 because it gives me an excuse to tell the boyfriend we are attending MNSSHP. :angelic:
  19. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Nicely thought out! :wink:
  20. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

Ooo they all sound good. Haven't looked at crystal palace - may investigate and see if my bro and his family want to do that the morning of when they go to mk.
    Ha ha I was sitting there ready and waiting to test out the reservations this morning and I was able to get rainforest and Hollywood and vine so should be able to get them tomorrow fingers crossed.
    You're lucky your able to book them in a block, I wish we were staying on site just so we could do that lol
    :D