1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hi all, what is there to do after parks close?

Discussion in 'General' started by madhatter, Aug 16, 2008.

1. madhatter

madhatter Earning my ears

Hi all :wave: what is there to do at disneyworld after the parks close because they seem to close quite early

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

You could always go for a meal if the park you are at closes quite early.

There is also DTD where you can wander the shops until the early hours of the morning. Also Disneyquest is open until late. There is also a cinema there. You have the evening show Cirque du Soleil at DTD too.

At Citywalk you have the shops, cinema, clubs and restaurants....plus the Blue Man Group show.

There are other dinner shows such as Medieval Times, Arabian Nights, Pirates, Sleuths Mystery Dinner show etc.

There is a bowling alley just off International Drive. International Drive itself has a cinema, shops, restaurants, WonderWorks, Ripleys Believe it or Not, Go Karts, crazy golf etc

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

When will you be visiting WDW, madhatter?

Are you staying onsite or offsite?

Will you have transportation or rely on WDW transportation?

Gotta love it--I'm nothing if not consistent! Ask a question and I will ask several in return! :lol:

These questions really do affect my answers, BTW. Just had to be silly for a moment! :)

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Disney Secrets! :9:

What to do after the parks close?:23dors:

5. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

It really depends on how late the park closes. If it's extra magic hours, sometimes the park can be open til midnight, or later...

Usually we just go back to the hotel and crash, or swim. We're almost always too tired to do much else!

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Visit the Boardwalk, go to Pleasure Island (unfortunately soon to be a thing of the past), sleep.

7. madhatter

Hi we'll be staying onsite at pop century but dont mind driving out somewhere if we need to

8. madhatter

pleasure island is closing uscwest? I hadnt heard this, doesnt this mean there wont be any clubs left at disney?

9. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

oh no really? that will put a kink in my plans

10. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Closing in September--late in the month, if I remember correctly. I'm going to miss the AC. :(

Jellyrolls still will be on The Boardwalk.

Madhatter, you're staying onsite, so you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours (EMH). Each park has one early entry day and extra evening hours per week (there may be more early entry days during peak travel times). Morning EMH begins one hour before regular park hours and evening EMH is up to three hours after the designated park closes for offsite guests. Each person in your party will need to have their room key to enter in the morning or obtain a wristband for the evening EMH hours. BTW, "up to three hours" for evening EMH is Disney covering its backside in case anything occurs and they have to close earlier. I don't believe that has ever happened--it's three hours. :)

In addition to shopping and dining, DTD also has a cinema and is home to La Nouba, a Cirque du Soleil show. I understand Raglan Road can be a bit boisterous later in the evening when the band begins playing.

We aren't much for clubs, so I'm hoping someone else will have more information regarding Universal's City Walk and other offsite options for you.

11. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

if you like hotrods as much as i do OLD TOWN is a must, its on Hwy 192 we go every trip with out fail

12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Classic Cars too. :yes:

Citywalk is Universal's version of DTD/PI. It has clubs, restaurants, bars, etc. Lively, loud and fun for those who like the night life.

DTD's loss of PI will reduce the evening experience there to shopping, dining, Cirque. I fully expect people to take their night time business and dollars elsewhere. Adults like to have after hours things to do, and removing that option from WDW will not stop people from seeking what they want elsewhere.

Downtown Orlando has any number of bars, restaurants, wine bars, clubs, ect. Parking is a challenge and NEVER wander beyond the immediate downtown area. :eek:

13. tabby

tabby Earning my ears

Mansfield in Nottinhamshire, England. In fact , Sh
    Love Old Town, its a important part of our holiday x