1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hi Everyone! Suggestions WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by mchapman, Jan 22, 2012.

1. mchapman

mchapman Earning my ears

Good morning! I am planning our first family vacation to Disney World. We will have two families travelling together, with four adults, 2 four-year-olds, and 2 two-year-olds. There is so much information to absorb! All four parents are excited, but none of us is very experienced with Disney World.
  2. montymouse

montymouse Imagineer

Oh how exciting - we first took our children when they were 5 & 3 and we had an amazing time. Accept you will all feel exhausted by about 6 pm!! I would think definately buggies/strollers even for the 4 year olds.

Have you booked your accomodation yet? Best moment I can remember is when my 3 year old son met his hero Buzz Lightyear, still brings tears to my eyes. You will never forget memories like that!

Some characters may seem a bit intimidating at first, so if you are thinking of a character meal - do it towards the end of your holiday.

:yes::yes:
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi mchapman!

And :spraywelcome: to Secrets!

First trip! How exciting! Give us a little background information to work with. You already told us how many. Now tell us when you're going and if you'll be staying at one of the Disney hotels on site? Give us a little background and I'm sure we can help you along.

You're going to have a wonderful time! :mickeybounce:

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director. :sail:)
  4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

:wave: Hi and welcome to Secrets.

How lovely to be planning your first trip to the most special place on earth.

When do you plan on visiting?

Sandra
  5. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Welcome to secrets, you will find loads of help on here
    :wiggle:
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Disney Secrets! Planning your first visit to WDW is such an exciting event. A first, once in a lifetime experience! :yes:

There are loads of things to share with you about WDW, the parks, the resorts, transportation, good tips for making the park visits pleasant for all... you'll tell us where to start, ok?

OH! Here's my first thought. Bring your own strollers for all four children. It will save your backs, legs, and tempers. :D
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I'm sure your first trip is something you'll never forget. You've come to a great place to get help with your planning, though I myself have no experience with small children.

:1::1: to DISNEY SECRETS.
  8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi there and a warm :secrets3:

That first visit to WDW sure takes some beating and I am sure that it won`t be your last visit.
    As others have said, we are here to help out with your holiday planning or any specific questions that you may have so please post away and someone is bound to respond real soon.

One important thing to remember though is to make sure that you allow some free time while you are there as there is so much to see and do in the Orlando area that if you try to do it all on your first trip you will need another vacation after you get home! :lol:
  9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Welcome to Secrets!!!

How wonderful to be planning a first trip!!! :yes:

Please feel free to post any questions or ideas you might have!

As has been said before, strollers are strongly suggested, due to the kids ages. If your own are too big or bulky, there are a few stroller rental companies in Orlando. Strollers should I believe have a decent hood, recline at least a bit for naps, have a waterproof cover, be easily collapsible and carried (for buses where youmust collapse them)

Also, think about the type of accomodation you would like... Disney had princess rooms, pirate rooms and will soon open Disney's Art of Animation with Nemo and little Mermaid themed rooms.

Consider taking advantage of character meals, they are the perfect opportunity for character interaction, while you also get to rest and eat :)