1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by Tishypops, May 27, 2013.

1. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I'd pay the fine if I could take my kids out of school during term time.....however, as teachers, I think Dh and I would probably get sacked :wink:

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, I can't see it working for you somehow :lol:

3. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

Yea I will pay the fine if I have to but obviously hoping that they authorise it. I am actually wondering if it is £125 in total or per child....hmmm will have to look at that. Anyway the family liaison has said that they are waiting on clarification on what is classed as "exceptional circumstances" as we live right near Trafford park and some if the parents who work there have to stick to the specific shut down weeks for taking holidays which she would class as exceptional but as usual the government puts policy into schools but doesn't explain what it means.

Because I haven't accepted any specific role yet I am really nervous about jinxing it :lol: but right now my plan is to go back to working in a Thomson superstore. The manager in there is amazing, I have worked with him twice before and he has been trying to get me to go work for him for about 3 years now and he has actually managed to get authorisation from his area manager to go over his wage bill to get me in on full time contract instead of part time that head available.

I think I am going to leave early, I need to speak with him and work out a good time. I think I would like to go over around 2 weeks before the kids break for summer just to check travelling times work out for the child care plans I have thought about but it all needs fine tuning when he gets back from Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tishypops

Yes, it used to be only if your child had poor attendance which resulted in the school denying application to take them out but the parents took them anyway but now it looks like they will be denying a lot more applications so there will he a lot more fines :/

5. Vikki

Hehe, maybe I should suggest it and see what response I get ;)

In all seriousness, it seems very much down to the schools discression. I know we've never fined any of our parents....

6. Tishypops

I don't think we have either but I know since the new policy came in they have put a hold on authorising any term time holidays

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It would be worth it just to see the look on the Head's face :lol:

8. Vikki

He's observing me tomorrow so maybe I should drop it in when he does the feedback ;)