1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hmmm interesting - anyone done the 7 day med cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Skywatcher, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You`re not "bonkers at all Chris. That was my initial thought, however on all the cruises we have done we have enjoyed the company of some wonderful folks over dinner.

We became firm friends with our dining partners [Doug, Michelle & Dani from LA] on the Med cruise, and since then we have met up with them on several occasions both here in the UK [when we did the Baltic Cruise with them earlier this year], and on a couple of trips to Florida.

It is also how we became close friends with Tom [catrancher] and his DW [the rest is history :lol:],to the extent that they will be with us again on the Dream along with the LA folks in 2011.

2. Slowhand

Keith, I`ve lost count of the number of times that I`ve tried to persuade you to do a DCL cruise......maybe you wouldn`t fancy having us as your dining partners. :taunt:

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

see now I'll HAVE to come on one just so you don't think that ;-) What a great excuse :lol:

4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Hmm you see its more to do with the kids, neither of them are great eaters and we have problems with Thing 1, I know its a 'Disney' ship but still

5. Slowhand

Joking aside Chris, it may be that you would be assigned a table just for the 4 of you.
    This has happened to us on a couple of occasions but it ain`t guaranteed.

Funny enough on the Baltic cruise there was a newly wed couple [middle aged] who had been assigned a table on their own right next to ours.
    After a few days they actually told us that they wished that they had been seated on our table as we all seemed to be having a great time over dinner!
    [Maybe their luvvy dovey period was on the decline! :lol:]

6. Slowhand

Because you have the same servers every night, they soon get used to you and will bend over backwards to make sure that the kids are well fed even if certain items they like aren`t on the menu.

The opposite applies if you actually are a big eater like our friend Doug.
    As he used to be a body builder and works out every day, he has a tremendous appetite and only eats "healthy" food. The servers soon latched onto this and actually gave him 2 entrees each evening, and I can`t recall him not polishing off the lot! :lol:

7. Slowhand

I reckon there is still availability on "our" Dream cruise in June Keith. :whistle:

8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Chris,

On our first Disney cruise (when my DW retired), our dining partners that time were a US Air Force doctor and his wife and son. Oddly enough, this guy was the doctor in charge of the NASA Shuttle recover operations medical team. Anyway, their son, who was two at the time, was likewise a extremely picky eater. The servers made sure that he had his favorite hot dog each night for dinner. Sometimes he ate, sometimes he didn't. It really wasn't a problem.

I, on the other hand, enjoyed my steak or whatever. The servers will make you happy with your meal whatever it takes! Don't like your entree? No problem. Order a different one. Want something not on the menu? No problem. If it's on the ship, it's on the menu. Just for you. Or Thing 1 or Thing 2 for that matter.

Tom :)macwave:... they really do bend over backwards for you!)

9. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

When we sailed on the Wonder we were on a table just the four of us as were lots of other famillies around us - we were close enough to other tables to chat about our day but far enough away to have a certain amount if privacy ( it was the one thing that put me off cruising as well tbh) so it does happen - we had early sitting. :)
    Oh and I never thought I would do a cruise either and I have no desire to cruise with any other company it was Disney that was the draw (obviously! :lol:) and we had a great time. They are truly beautiful ships!

10. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Mmmmmmm tempted.......

11. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

DO IT DO IT DO IT!