1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hmmm.....which ticket option to choose?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by DisneyFreak, Jun 4, 2012.

?

Which park pass would you choose?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2012.
  1. Epcot after 4pm

50.0%
  2. Weekly pass

50.0%
  1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We are going to WDW in October for the Food & Wine Festival as the main reason. It will have been over a year since being in the parks and the last time we had a bad experience with the in-laws. :thumbsdown: We are trying to decide on which park pass to go with. It's either going to be:

Epcot after 4pm pass ($175 per) - allows access to Epcot only after 4pm daily with no black out dates for one year.

or

Weekday pass ($211 per) - allows access to all four theme parks Monday thru Friday except on specific blackout dates for one year.

I am leaning toward one but wanted to get everyone else's imput and perspective. Thanks.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I would go with the first option; EPCOT after 4:00. :yes:

I'm sorry you had a poor experience the last time you were at WDW! :hug2:

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I agree with Tink, definitely the first option :D

4. DisneyFreak

:mental:You guys aren't helping....I was leaning toward the weekly pass. :lol: My reasoning here is that for only an additional $72 we get access to all 4 parks for full days instead of just Epcot for 5 hours a day. I know we loose the option of going into the parks on a weekend but that doesn't really effect us too much. We obviously still have some time to decide. We have also already made all dinning reservations for this time as if we are going into all four parks just in case. Lunch at 50's Prime Time, Lunch at Tony's Town Square and lunch at Yak & Yeti.

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I would go with the yearly pass every time. If you live close enough to go after 4 then you will undoubtedly want to go to Disney more than those few days. Your screen name IS a dead giveaway :)

6. DisneyFreak

Unfortunately we don't live THAT close. It's just about a 3-hour drive so day trips are pretty much out of the question. If we lived in the Orlando area we would have an Epcot after 4 pass without question.

We plan on going up a few times between October 2012 and October 2013 so I'm thinking going with the weekly pass for more flexibility.

7. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

If I lived 3 hours away I would definitely do the weekday pass. I'm not going to drive 3 hours each way for a dinner and a ride or two. Chances are your going to get a hotel for at least one or two nights, what are you going to do then ? Hang out until late afternoon to see Epcot and Epcot only ? I think in your position it's a no brainer unless of course you can only get away on weekends.

8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

OK now you've convinced me :lol: I'd definitely go for the weekday pass :yes: