1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Holiday Stocking Memories Inspire New Disney Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Stockings will be a part of four new Disney Gift Cards being introduced for the holidays. These new cards continue a tradition of packaging Disney pins with Disney Gift Cards that began a few years ago. Annie Lin from the Global Retail Development talks about this year’s offerings.

“We are happy to introduce four new Disney Gift Cards this year that can be used for practically all-things Disney,” explained Annie. “Each card contains a limited release pin that resembles a character’s stocking. We had a few different options in mind for the pins. Holiday stockings seemed to work the best as there are many holiday traditions around them. While growing up, I only received gifts in my stocking.”

Work began on this year’s designs in May 2012. Annie partnered with Gina Jenkins from the Disney Gift Card Services team and enlisted artist Angela Connolly again to create the artwork.

“I like the two different perspectives found in the artwork this year,” said Angela. “When all four cards are placed together, they make a festival holiday image. I like that I could incorporate the reflections of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Pluto along with Chip and Dale.”

gift-cards-stocking.jpg

Cards are offered for $75.00 each. When purchased, you get a gift card worth $75.00 and a stocking pin. Look for them at the four major theme park merchandise locations as well as World of Disney and Disney’s Pin Traders at Downtown Disney Marketplace.

The cards will be available from the last week in November.

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

So you could buy them and use them to pay off your room bill...ie free pins:unsure:

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I like the way you think.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

be interesting to know for sure wouldnt it! bit more exciting than just forking over the credit card