1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hollywood Studios to Present The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 1, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The latest edition of the Mickey Monitor says that ‘The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow’ will be opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this summer. It will be in Sound Stage 4 which has has been used in the past for sharing behind the scenes props and footage from films from The Chronicles of Narnia series and others.

The Monitor says:

Opening this summer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow has elicited something of a legend of its own. The word around the Parks is that this mysterious new attractionwill be a first-of-it’s-kind sensory experience in which guests will have a chance to be enveloped by the world of the Pirates of the Caribbeanas seen in the four feature films. Sounds intriguing.

To find out more, we had a chance for a friendly “parley” with Jason Roberts, Walt Disney Imagineering Project Manager and Show Producer for the new attraction. “This is going to be an immersive experience,” Jason told us. “We’ll really delve into the story of Captain Jack Sparrow and put our Guests in the middle of it all in new and exciting ways.

“Story is always the most important thing for us at Walt Disney Imagineering,” Jason continued. “But we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our Guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow. “It’s not ‘the making of’, not ‘behind the scenes’…it is really a firstperson experience.”

Jason wouldn’t divulge any of the state-of-the-art special effect trickery used in the attraction, but he did assure us that the attraction is certain to elicit a “Wow! How’d they do that?” from our Guests. A long-time fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and films, Jason was delighted at his shot to work on the attraction. “We worked with the archives as well as the filmmakers while they were shooting the last movie,” Jason said. “And as a fan, I just loved sitting through those films again and again, going through all the details and leveraging them for this new experience. It’s really been a blast.”

I hope this will be better than the Chronicles of Narnia :unsure:

What do you think about this a good thing or would you rather they left Captain Jack Sparrow alone?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I actually quite enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia
  3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Ive never seen the narnia thing - id give this one a go though!
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Bring me some Jack! :happybounce:
  5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I'd give it a chance...
  6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Me too. I liked the Narnia thing too.