1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Homewood Bound - The journey

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by minnie-me, Jan 21, 2009.

1. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

I was awake at 5.30am & got up at 6.30am. We went to catch shuttle at 7.15 & there was massive Q!! Got to airport at 7.50am.

Checked in with no problem & had brekky, which was OK as far as airport food is concerned. Tara had chicken popcorn from Burger King (OMG for Breakfast - but at least she ate which was a problem we had during flight last year in that she did not eat anything all day - she drives me mad with her food!):mental:

Went to boarding gate & noticed we had Jersey Girl.

[​IMG]

We had row of middle seats 32 D,E,F,G which was in a great place.

Flight very bumpy & had to keep putting seat belts back on.:lipwobble: Tara very nervous (I don't think she moved an inch the whole of the flight!) but Jodie took it all in her stride.

Once landed we went through to customs & headed towards furthest right - but the computers were playing up & it took a very long time to get through.

We were collected by Quicksilver (who had upgraded us to SUV, though they did not tell us this so we had a shock on return - more later!)

Waiting for car!

[​IMG]

Unfortunatley we got to Homewood Suites & due to a conference over-running we did not have a room :nono:. We were put up at Crowne Plaza for night (even though I did ask if we could be put up in Grand Floridian :beg:). Nice hotel & room & reception gave girls lots of tokens to use in games room.

Jodie on bed at Crowne Plaza
    [​IMG]

We walked to TGI's for tea - Stu had Steak & Shrimp Jack Daniel, I had Flat Iron Jack Daniel, Tara had Chicken Fingers & Jodie had hamburger -with drinks cost $55. It was so nice & we all really enjoyed the food & the restaurant.

Went back to hotel, played in games room for a while & was in bed by 7.30pm as we were all on our last legs!!

2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Oh my, I would not have been impressed at the hotel switch for one night. Not impressed at all. I would probably have rather switched hotel for the whole holiday, I hate unpacking-repacking and moving my packed clothes around!

3. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

It was actually no bother at all - we just took it all in our stride - both hotels were brill & they kept our suitcases at Homewood & let us put our valuables in their safe! Homewood staff were fantastic for the whole of our holiday & they let us keep on our room later on last day with no charge!!