1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Homewood Bound - The journey

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by minnie-me, Jan 21, 2009.

1. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

I was awake at 5.30am & got up at 6.30am. We went to catch shuttle at 7.15 & there was massive Q!! Got to airport at 7.50am.

Checked in with no problem & had brekky, which was OK as far as airport food is concerned. Tara had chicken popcorn from Burger King (OMG for Breakfast - but at least she ate which was a problem we had during flight last year in that she did not eat anything all day - she drives me mad with her food!):mental:

Went to boarding gate & noticed we had Jersey Girl.

[​IMG]

We had row of middle seats 32 D,E,F,G which was in a great place.

Flight very bumpy & had to keep putting seat belts back on.:lipwobble: Tara very nervous (I don't think she moved an inch the whole of the flight!) but Jodie took it all in her stride.

Once landed we went through to customs & headed towards furthest right - but the computers were playing up & it took a very long time to get through.

We were collected by Quicksilver (who had upgraded us to SUV, though they did not tell us this so we had a shock on return - more later!)

Waiting for car!

[​IMG]

Unfortunatley we got to Homewood Suites & due to a conference over-running we did not have a room :nono:. We were put up at Crowne Plaza for night (even though I did ask if we could be put up in Grand Floridian :beg:). Nice hotel & room & reception gave girls lots of tokens to use in games room.

Jodie on bed at Crowne Plaza
    [​IMG]

We walked to TGI's for tea - Stu had Steak & Shrimp Jack Daniel, I had Flat Iron Jack Daniel, Tara had Chicken Fingers & Jodie had hamburger -with drinks cost $55. It was so nice & we all really enjoyed the food & the restaurant.

Went back to hotel, played in games room for a while & was in bed by 7.30pm as we were all on our last legs!!

2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Oh my, I would not have been impressed at the hotel switch for one night. Not impressed at all. I would probably have rather switched hotel for the whole holiday, I hate unpacking-repacking and moving my packed clothes around!

3. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

It was actually no bother at all - we just took it all in our stride - both hotels were brill & they kept our suitcases at Homewood & let us put our valuables in their safe! Homewood staff were fantastic for the whole of our holiday & they let us keep on our room later on last day with no charge!!