1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Homewood Suites On I Drive

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by ukwdwnut, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

has anyone got experience of staying at this hotel and can you tell me about it please :D
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i have stayed in homewood suites elsewhere and they have been good value:thumbsup:
  3. ukwdwnut

no one else stayed at this one?
  4. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

I think Tracy has.

Is it at the top end near Wet & Wild?
  5. ukwdwnut

ok yeah course i remember her saying now...near convention centre i think
  6. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I have Mick - 3 times!. It is an absolutely brilliant budget hotel. i am super fussy and this one ticks all the right boxes. It is set back about a minutes walk from the road (I Drive) and is in such a quiet spot. The rooms are great - super clean and the beds are huge and ultra comfy. There is a TV in the bedroom (which is an ensuite) and another one in the living room. There is a settee (which is a bed if you want it to be), an armchair, dining table and chairs, a kitchenette with large American fridge and freezer, a hob and microwave. The breakfasts are fab. There are make your own waffles, sausage, bacon, fired potatoes, breads, cereals, youghurts, muffins, fruit, porridge etc. Mon - Thurs there is beer, wine and eats at a managers reception. This place saves us a fortune every time. No need to buy breakfast and eats in the evening if we want them. The pool is shaded most of the time. Some people dont like this but we do as it is a relief in the Aug heat to swim in a shaded area.
    It is right beside Bahama Breeze as well as TGIF and is close to the Olive Garden , Friendlys and loads of other restaurants. We love to stay here and although we will be changing hotels a few times, I would never ever miss out on Homewood. The staff are super friendly and should anything go wrong, they sort things out PDQ. For £50 - £60 per night, you just cant go wrong here. I will see if I can dig some photos out later on. :yes:
    Hope this helps.

Margaret
  7. ukwdwnut

brilliant thx mags :)
  8. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

I have also stayed here & would definately recommend for the location & friendliness of the staff - they are like one big family & very often you will see the manager mucking in (he came & collected our suitcases) & even eating with the staff! The breakfast buffet was great & had everything we wanted to start our day. We also used the shuttles to the parks which was very convenient as we did not have a car.

The only downside of the hotel is the pool - it is in the middle of the hotel & therefore does not get the sun - but as we knew this we were fine about it. In fact we were informed by Toasy (on Universal desk) that you can use the pool in the hotel next door if we did fancy some sunbathing!

All in all, a great hotel xx
  9. ukwdwnut

brilliant, thx helen :hug2: