1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Help Honeymoon September 2014

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings/Honeymoons/Anniversaries' started by MrDanielOwens, Sep 3, 2013.

1. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

I am looking for any and all available help! (opinions, facts, tips, tricks, money savers, resources, etc.) Does anyone know specifically what discounts AAA offers? I have done some research myself, so now I will just spill my guts out.

Planned trip:
    Honeymoon September 14-21, 2014
    Staying at a Bed & Breakfast owned by a family friend on the night of the wedding.
    Flying nonstop on Allegiant (saving money, don't care about a fancy flight) to Sanford Orlando.
    Renting a convertible for the fun factor. (using NRA and weekly rental discount).
    Staying at Art of Animation in Little Mermaid Room.
    6 day Park Hoper Pass w/ Water Park Fun and More.
    Edit: Reservation at Be Our Guest (made 180 days before) Thanks to uscwest for the reminder.

We are registered on the Disney Honeymoon site and have included spa day, carriage ride, and wine welcome package on the registry.

My only other trip to Disney was a day trip to Magic Kingdom last December while in the area for a wedding. My fiancee has been to Magic Kingdom a couple times and Animal Kingdom once. Treat me as a first timer if you like, I am a sponge for information!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

First of all :rainbowwelcome: to Disney Secrets. My wife and I have stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and personally thought they were a bit cramped. I certainly would not have chosen them for my honeymoon. One thing I would highly recommend is that you have a look at the menus and plan on making dining reservations (Called ADRs) at the 180 prior to arrival point. You will be able to make them for all six days of your stay at that point.

MrDanielOwens likes this.
  3. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Welcome to Disney Secrets :) wow you have such a great time planned and congratulations :emoticon-tv-026:

I must admit although I like art of animation I agree with uscwest, Im not sure they're the best for a special stay

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think the Little Mermaid room sounds romantic! I've been in the suite and it was really quite nice and spacious (one bedroom suite). If you really want to dine in a particular restaurant, be sure to make the ADRs. Otherwise, you run the real risk of not having that special meal.

Honeymoon at WDW sounds fabulous! I think you may be there during the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT!

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Sounds like a great plan, great time to go too! Welcome to Disney secrets by the way!

6. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Hi Daniel (great name by the way!) Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. You have come to the right place to get help with planning. There are some very knowledgeable folks here!

7. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

Thanks everyone! I am continuing my research which is turning into a daily thing as well as an obsession. :mickeybounce:

disneymom likes this.
  8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

And that is how it starts! :lol:

9. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

have you made any more plans?

10. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

Wellll.... WE HAVE OFFICIALLY BOOKED! :HamsterDance: I now have the Little Mermaid room with 6 Day Park Hopper Passes w/ water park fun and more as well as the dining plan. I then called and requested a king bed and room on a high level (I don't understand why you can't do either of this online).

We were wanting to do a spa day together, but are probably not going that route after seeing the prices. I also know we can book our carriage ride 180 days before. The next hardest decision we have, Disney wise, is where to make reservations.

11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you want to check into it, there is a very nice spa at the Swan and Dolphin. Or, if you want to go off property, again there are some really nice day spas in the area surrounding Disney.

12. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

Thanks, I'll mention it to my fiancee.