1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hotel Decision Issues

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Rico117, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Rico117

Rico117 Earning my ears

So this is actually one of my favorite parts of planning but still a decision to be made none the less.

Background: I am doing the WDWCP (College Program) and I need a hotel for the night before I check in. I am still debating whether or not to go to the parks but if I do it will be MK, EMH that night. Otherwise I need to keep myself entertained for a few hours and I most likely will not be able to sleep due to excitement. The area I am looking to stay in is DTD because the apartments aren't too far from there but I'll stay anywhere.

Transport: My biggest decision is between staying at a WDW resort and utilizing ME or staying at a non-WDW namely the Hilton and using some sort of bus or taxi. While the hilton is cheaper per night is it worth doing the WDW since I am going to spend quite a bit on transport otherwise? If so im not sure if i should stay closer or stay cheaper.

Oh my decisions and if this makes any sense to anyone can they please give me a hand.

thanks everyone

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oh wow the college program! Im beyond jealous, that will just be the BEST!

do you know what you'll be doing yet or do you get assigned after you checkin?

I reckon all star movies and use ME. It was the first place I ever stayed on Disney and it just sums up the disney spirit and excitement to me :yes:

3. Freckles

Freckles Earning my ears

I would utilize what Disney has to offer...stay on property. And since you will soon be a college-Cast Member why not get as much Disney as you can & then we can contact you -a Disney expert!!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

CONGRATULATIONS on your new adventure!!!

I'll echo what Keith says...if you're looking for immersion in the Disney experience you need look no further!! DME is typically a breeze and I think it will get your new life off to a GREAT start!!!

5. Rico117

Rico117 Earning my ears

Thanks guys, it seems like the best idea to just use DME and then use the EMH if i decide to go into the parks. How is a late august sunday in the parks usually? super crowded? i have only been to WDW twice, DLR is my home resort.

6. Rico117

Rico117 Earning my ears

well i broke down and went with the Hilton, Still can use EMH and Mears is only $20, the WDW resort would have been a moderate at 167 a night, $70 more than my room at the hilton.

Thanks for all your help guys it will be my last night as a non-cast member!

7. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

How exciting! You'll have to give us all the details of your CM-ship! Where will you be working, do you know?

8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Congratulations on entering the WDW College Program! I hope you'll share some of your adventures with us! :)

Sounds like you have your hotel all squared away. :thumbsup:

9. Rico117

Rico117 Earning my ears

thanks for the help guys, I don't know where I am working. I know its going to be in attractions.

10. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I really hope you'll remember to pop in and tell us all about your adventures? I know we'd all love to hear