1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hotel suggestions for parents

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by foreverducky, Oct 22, 2012.

1. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I'm hoping to take my parents to WDW late next year. My hope is to have two rooms (we're all adults and need our space). Their first WDW hotel experience was at the Music resort. I would like to step it up a notch to either a moderate or deluxe. I was wondering if others had taken their parents and which hotels worked well for them? I know that a lot of this is personal preference, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask others.

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I can't help because it's only normally just Chris and I, but my first thought would be Port Orleans, it is a lovely resort and it's a moderate so it won't be silly money.

If you wanted to go for a deluxe, then I would opt for the Beach Club as it is so peaceful and only a short stroll away from Epcot.

What time of the year are you thinking about?

3. foreverducky

I would like to try for October, but nothing is set in stone.

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've taken my mom and dad separately. With dad, we rented a house with a pool. With mom, we stayed at POR. Taking mom again after Thanksgiving and we are staying the last couple of days at Pop.

Staying Onsite my favorite value is Pop Century and my favorite moderate is POR

I certainly understand needing the space! Have you thought about staying off site in a condo or villa?

5. foreverducky

I can see the appeal of a condo/villa, however, it's just not for me. I like being onsite.

I stayed at the Dolphin once and loved the location the price compared to the other Epcot resort hotels. Has anyone tried the Swan lately?

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Staying at either POR or POFQ would be my choice. But, if you go in October and plan on concentrating on the F&W then I would recommend any of the EPCOT resorts.

7. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Are they in good health and can motor along so to speak? For us The Wilderness Lodge is one of our favorites, you can take the bus or the boat and it is sooo peaceful there and cozy. Plus you always seem to be able to get a good price on it.POFQ is also nice.

8. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club. Beginning in 2013, CSR will offer club level rooms to regular guests.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

9. foreverducky

Yes, (thank God) my parents are healthy. The WL is also one of my personal favorites.

I have stayed at CSR, and loved it.

You'd think this would be an easy choice!

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Lol oh no it's never an easy choice!