1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hotels at gatwick

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by jeanette, Feb 18, 2009.

1. jeanette

jeanette Earning my ears

Not sure if I am meant to post this here :embarassed: HELP.... I have just been looking for a hotel for us to stay the night before we leave for Florida. We fly down to Gatwick from Aberdeen but I have no idea which hotel to choose. This is not just our first Florida holiday but the only other time I have ever flown anywhere was 15 years ago when we went to Corfu, we left from Glasgow so just drove down the same day. I am totally in awe with how much miles away from the airport they are & transfere times to the airport I am completely lost :confused: There also seems to be such a vast difference in price between some of them..... I know you pay for what you get, but is dearer always better? Any help will be gratefuly accepted :laugh:

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Well we always use the Hilton for convenience. It's connected to the south terminal by a walkway so no catching shuttles in the morning or anything. It costs more but we think it's worth it. Some people have had dodgy rooms there but we've never had any complaints.

The Sofitel at the north terminal has its fans too.

We always book through holidayextras.co.uk too - always found them to have the cheapest deals.

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

When we have flown from Gatwick, we have stayed at the Hilton too....as Dawn said, it is very convenient.

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Don't eat in the Hilton though, unless you get a special deal. Seriously expensive. Walk to the terminal where food is only mildly overpriced. :lol:

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We always stay at the Hilton as well. We book the dinner, bed and breakfast rate. It costs a little more but it is far more convenient that going over the the airport and the food is good. We always use it as a relaxing start to the holiday :D

If you look on the Hilton's website they have some good deals and they say they won't be beaten on price. The other thing is if you use Quidco and got the to Hilston site through them you save yourself some extra cash.

Posting here was fine, but I'm just going to move you over to Hotels, you might get some more help there :D

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We have stayed at the Hilton a couple of times and the Moat House which needed bus transfers - the Hilton is definitely the most convenient especially if you can get a good deal.

This year we are staying at then Ramada Plaza but only because we are being dropped off and picked up from the airport so we haven't got to worry about cars and we will have done Twlight check in so we will only have to lug hand luggage on the bus transfer.

7. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Another vote for the Hilton here.

Didn't have the best room in 2007 but not bad enough to stop us booking again for this year's trip.

Really short walk to the airport so really convenient.

8. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

weve stayed at the russ hill, needs a coach ride to the airport and the cambridge which is the same, both only minutes away last trip stayed at the turret B&B all the rooms are ok remember your only there one night so dont have to be 5* if money is a consideration....i rea;lly dont see the point of throwing money away on that if there isnt a need for it

9. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

the ramada plaza, i have stayed there several times as we have family down there and they haven't got enough room to house us if we visit. We're there next weekend and got rates of £59 inc tax for a family room.

10. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

See i am a Sofitel girl. We have used them manyu times and always had a great family room. They are in the North terminal but if you have done Twilight check in ,it isn't really a problem.

11. jeanette

jeanette Earning my ears

Hi guys thanks for that I have been on looking at them all so just have to decide on which one.