1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hotels

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by ashdogg, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ashdogg

ashdogg Earning my ears

These are the hotels ive been looking into to stay at when were on our trip, if anyone has stayed at any of these or has information on them, please share.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 186pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=248><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 186pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 9069" width=248><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 186pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" height=20 width=248>Sheraton Safari Lake Buena Vista</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" height=21>Best Western Orlando Getaway</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" height=20>Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" height=20>Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" height=20>Vacation Villas</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" height=20>Best Western Lakeside</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

We've stayed at the Sheridan and in Holiday Inn SunSpree on SR535. That was a long time ago. We really always stay on site now for the convience and the atmosphere. We stay at Pop Century for the values and Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside at the moderates.
  3. ashdogg

ashdogg Earning my ears

Okay thanks, Those are good tips. I just keep checking deals online. do you know when the best time to buy your tickets and everything is.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Of those listed, I'd only try the Crowne Plaza. I've stayed at one before and it was quite decent.

The rest are old, shabby now and some are downright scary.

Be really careful with offsite hotels. They vary widely in quality and price is not always a safe indication of a good hotel.
  5. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i disagree tink we have stayed a few times at best western orlando gateway and i really like it. a plus point for me is its on universal blvd just off i drive so its very quiet as most of the hotels on i drive are next to I4 and boy is that road noisy and it doesnt go quiet even through night. also it has internal corridors so you dont open your door direct to the outside so no noisy people walking past your room.
    the rooms are clean and have flat screen tv's also free internet acsess.
    the pool is in the shade so can be chilly. the restraunt in the hotel is nice the steak is lovely.
    you can walk to wet and wild and there is a wallgreens at the end of the road which you can pick up drinks and snacks from.
    we love this hotel and it doesnt cost a fortune to stay there :)
  6. ashdogg

ashdogg Earning my ears

That is something i def want to take into consideration. Thank you for the tip!!
  7. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i am going to book it again for some of our stay in April................ also best western orlando gateway was formally known as clarion universal it had a referb when it was taken over :)