1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

House or hotel rooms

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Hippie, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hippie

Hippie Earning my ears

We have 2 young grandparents, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 6, 4 & 2 going to Disneyworld in early december 2012. Kids have never been and we are going for 6 days and maybe 2 days not in Disney.

So the question is where to stay? Do we stay in 2 rooms at Pop culture and have ability to split up by using buses. Or do we stay at holiday inn and park up close by buying a specialty parking pass? OR do we stay at a house nearby and have a place for kids to unwind and have a kitchen BUT do not have ability for some to stay at park and others to come back midday as we only have one car.

Thanks for advice.

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi Hippie and welcome to Secrets BTW. :wave:

Seeing as the children haven`t been to Disney before, then personally I would opt to stay at an on-site resort like Pop Century as you suggest if the funds will allow. They will be right in the heart of the "magic" and no doubt will want to visit all of the parks which is just about do-able in your time frame.

Staying at a villa would be a good option but you must take account of the travelling time to and from the villa to WDW as the villas tend to be located around 10-15 minutes drive away. Taking account of driving to WDW, then parking your vehicle etc., it would save a lot of time if you could use the WDW transportation system instead by staying on-site.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Considering your kids ages, I would stay onsite

It just makes it easier for everyone... totally stress free... you dont have to rent a car, or worry about parking, car seats, hot cars, going back and forth etc...

its really helpful to be able to go back to the hotel for naps, afternoon breaks, even meltdowns :nono: ... it also gives the rest of the family the possibility of staying in the park longer, and the family splitting up

There are some villa type of rooms at All Stars... and youmight also want to check the Cabins at Wilderness Lodge, which have a full kitchen :)

4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

If you stay on the property you get to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours. Also if you stay on the property parking at the parks is free. I also agree with Slowhand about being in the middle of the magic when you stay on site. No matter what you decide I am sure the kids will have the time of their life.