1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How about Manny's Chop House then?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Dawn, May 5, 2013.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Been menu surfing again. :sorry:

There's a Manny's not far from our villa. Any good?
  2. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I always wonder about that one too.

It seems to get mainly rave reviews but then the people who aren't wowed by it seem to be those comparing it to Ruth's Chris and Mortons v those who love it comparing it to the chain restaurants which aren't going to wow anyone steak wise anyway.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Dawn have you tried Chili's we like them and have had some good meals, the ribs are delicious :)
  4. Britchick

Britchick Forum Host Forum Host

i've heard good things about Manny's.. would be interested to know
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Manny's. We've been once, years ago. It's a favorite local place, mostly for older folks. We didn't really care for it at all (and obviously haven't been back).

Now, there are LOADS of other folks who like it, many of them British visitors. :yes: So, as Keith indicated, if you rather like the chain places, you'll probably like this place. If you don't care for the Outback's of the world, then you'll probably not be too thrilled.

Chili's is ok, as long as the servers aren't rushing you like crazy. It's a fairly decent place to go for basic food. We like Long Horn for the same reasons. Good, predictable, nothing fancy, but if they do it wrong, they make it right.

A place we'd gone off of, because it had fallen off sharply in service and quality was Seasons 52. We went to lunch there yesterday and they've really come back to being a lovely place. The place was clean and atmosphere was nice, unlike the loud and terrible live music they used to do in the lounge. So loud you couldn't hear. The service is very good, and the server was very knowledgeable. :yes: The food was very nice. I had rainbow trout and it was delicious. Herself had a bison burger and declared it the same. We each had one of their little desserts and they were yummy! So, we'll put them back on our list.

I'd say give Manny's a try if you've not been, but don't go out of your way to go there, and don't expect Ruth's Chris or Morton's or Charley's Steakhouse by ANY means!
  6. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    ​Heard a lot of good reports about it keep saying i would like to go to BOK GARDENS and visit MANNEYS
  7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Ah Manny's - the day I broke my tooth!! :lol:

We went for the first time last summer. I was just about to say to DH "this is the best pork steak I've ever eaten" when my tooth broke! At first I thought it was a piece of bone in the meat but alas I was about to have a month long holiday of not smiling for the camera.

However, we are going back this summer. The food was good but DH stilll way prefers Longhorns for his steak. It was very busy I remember and we had to wait about 40 minutes for a table. There seemed to be quite a few locals there and we got chatting to some of them. I think Monday/Tuesday is their kids eat free night and another evening you get two for the price of one on fajitas.

The building is quite old and not too impressive from the outside. The food is reasonably priced and the service was good even though it was packed to the roof.
  8. Britchick

i think i might try it for pork chops then, I very rarely eat steak out as i am usually a bit disappointed in restaurants, it's one of the things that i think i cook quite well and to my taste.
  9. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'm very fussy about my steak as well :lol: I haven't had a bad steak at the Longhorn in Winter Garden, maybe because it's not in a tourist area.
  10. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

The best steak I ever had is still the NY Strip I had in the old Pebbles at The Crossroads. No need for a steak knife, it was like butter and soooooo tasty. I loved that restaurant. :sigh:
  11. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I don't eat steak much at all - usually once a year if that.
    The pork was very tender :yes:
  12. Britchick

I'll cook you a ribeye one day ;)
  13. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Sounds good maybe i will go there
  14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Unfortunately, Robert it's no longer there. :( We used to like Pebbles too, but it closed years ago. :(
  15. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

:jawdrop: I cannot EVEN imagine that!!! It's my favorite food!
  16. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

We loved Manny's and if you're nearby then do go visit, their house salad is delicious and the hot little rolls they serve are yummy too. You can't really compare RuthChris and Manny's... one has table cloths the other doesn't lol.Manny's does have loud music though, well it did last time I went so if you like to hear yourself speak...... (for some reason I can't do paragraphs on here)?
  17. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

The ribs are really good. We love the salad and hot yeast rolls (they are served with cinnamon butter). If any of you go then look out for our car number Plates, they are on the new extension, the very first one is ours S400 ARK :)
  18. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Mmmm steak. Ribeye. Now I want one.
  19. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well, tried it and wasn't impressed.

As I think Esmerelda said, it depends on your expectations. I was hoping, based on reputation, for an amazing steak and instead got something very much like a chain outlet, perhaps one level up but not worth the hype that some other forums have heaped upon the place. Charleys/ruths chris/mortons/yachtsmans/shulas etc all much better steak but Mannys was way less formal which I guess may be what's appealing to some folks.

Not a place I'll be rushing back to. If it's a couple of minutes from your villa and you fancy ok to good food of that style then you'll be fine. There's another forum on which everyone seems to agree that if they go to florida mannys is a must do, I'm definitely not seeing that unless they're used to not very good places usually :/
  20. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Oh noooooo! Sorry you didn't have a good experience, been a while now but hope it hasn't gone downhill and you just had an off day? Was it still loud music?