1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How are the crowds in december?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by pigletpete, Oct 14, 2008.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Just wondering what the crowds are like in december these days?

Ive heard that there are cheerleader meets at the value resorts which can make them really noisy too?

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Well we shared All Star Movies with the cheerleaders in December and were not disrupted at all. If you use the food courts at peak eating times though they are rammed with cheerleaders and they all use the buses too so they are packed. But - if you're in a value ask for a room away from group bookings - worked a charm for us. As for the parks - they don't impact at all. You see a few groups around but mostly they are all at the sports complex doing their jumps and all shouting a lot. :D

3. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I don't think I'd want to go to the parks if all the cheerleaders where at the hotel...

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Pop Warner begins the first Saturday in December and runs through the following weekend. The preferred resorts for the group are the All Stars and Port Orleans (Riverside, I believe). You'll also find some at other resorts, but not the really large groups.

The cheerleaders competitions aren't at the resorts, but apparently they do sometimes practice at--shall we say--less than appropriate times. The resort management has been stricter in recent years--not many complaints from people, for the most part.

The football teams, cheerleaders and their entourages don't affect the parks much for the most part. Apparently there is an afterhours party for them at DHS toward the end of the visit, and you'll find groups sporadically in the parks if they aren't involved in events.

The cheerleaders sometimes do cheers while queueing, which can be a bit uncomfortable if you're standing next to them. Yep! That was me! The chaperones were really good about quieting them down quickly though. They still cheered--just at lower volume! :lol:

5. cazzie

cazzie Earning my ears

This is what I am dreading, we are staying in Movies and I am hoping it isn't going to be too bad. We booked it the beginning of the year and I was hoping they would be going the very first week hopefully it won't be too bad.

6. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Pop Warner begins December 6 this year.

We arrived a few days before the competitions ended last year, but rarely saw groups in the parks. We stayed at Pop Century, which was pretty quiet for the most part. The weather was very warm until our last few days and people were swimming and enjoying the outdoors until the wee small hours. :)

7. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Early December used to be my favorite time to go because the parks were so empty. Not so much in recent years as it seems to have become a very popular time to go & the last two times we went we were shocked at how busy the parks actually were (& disappointed). We're now trying January, lol.