1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How bad are love bugs?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disney1sttimer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Ive just read about them in a guide book and they sound quite scary really for someone who doesnt like bugs of any types. When are they worst?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They tend to be the worst in May (ish) and September (ish). I don't like bugs of any sort either, but these things really are so harmless they don't count.

They are annoying because they fly so slowly, but they don't bite or sting in any way, so you simply brush them away. They make a mess of the front of your car though, and need to be washed off as they will ruin your paint if left on. Your windshield will be horrid too, and the washer fluid will only make it worse, so plan on having to wash that too!

Some years have larger "infestations" than other years.

3. UKTim

UKTim Earning my ears

last year they were all over our room door but it wasnt bad in any way and it didnt feel as bad as ants or something like that

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

No, they aren't. It's hard to explain because they are bugs after all, but they are not troublesome at all. Just slow moving rather stupid acting bugs! :lol:

5. The Blue Fairy

The Blue Fairy Earning my ears

They kinda hover when they fly so you can see them coming in good time to avoid a collision :lol: