1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how busy are the parks during free dining?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Disfan, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

with free dining, how busy do the parks and restaurants tend to be? I think it would be good to be able to try different restaurants but not if everywhere is really busy
  2. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

It's very busy during free dinning and you really do need ADRs if you want to try to eat anywhere that is sit down. If you go at off times, you may have a very slight chance of getting in, but only slight!!!
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The parks aren't crowded at all. The restaurants are packed though.
  4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Based on my one experience with free DDP, I have to agree with Johnie. Parks were fine. All dining venues were packed.
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Free dining has not only jammed the restaurants, but even those with a nicer atmosphere are chaos. :sigh; Noisy, loud with children running and shouting. What is it about parents that allow their children to leave their seats and run mad in a full service restaurant.

Children are up way past their bedtimes, having spend all day in a hot park, without a nap. :( Makes for unpleasant dinners for the most part.

Free dining is going to single handedly ruin the WDW dining experience for everyone. :sigh;
  6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I must say I am getting a bit worried about this next year Tink, we won't be on any dining plans and have never before been during free dining we have always enjoyed our meals before at Disney.

I don't blame anyone for taking it if offered I know I would although we eat in those restaurants anyway free or otherwise.

I'm hoping that they still ask if you are on the DP when you sit down like they did last year.
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They do. :yes: They ask when you make your ADRs too. The problem is compounded by the fact that they have extended the dining times, so children are up very late, are very tired, and very cross. :( It's not just the children either mind. The parents are grumps to as you can imagine, and those of us without children are grumps because we wanted a nice dinner in relative peace. :sigh;

Just not seeing how it's a benefit to anyone really. Sure it appears to save a person money, but how much is saved when your three year old isn't having dinner until nine PM and is exhausted? :(
  8. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We usually eat fairly early - anywhere between 6 and 7pm so there is usually a lot of children at those times anyway, hopefully we won't notice too much difference.

Unruly children (or parents that let their children be unruly) in restaurants really bug me. We had a bit of experience of it at the GF Cafe last year when we were having brunch. :rolleyes008: