1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How busy is thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disney1sttimer, Aug 11, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Is it really so busy that I wouldnt be able to get any restaurants if I booked now? which are good ones to try for proper american thanksgiving meals?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you are flexible you may be able to get a good ADR. :yes:

Any of the restaurants (full service) should have at least one menu choice that features the traditional Thanksgiving meal. However, there really isn't anything such thing! Yes, most folks will have turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy, buscuits and vegetables, but the similairities end there. Some have to have sweet potatoes, some have to have succotash, some have to have a fish starter (maybe bisque, etc.).

It all depends on the area of the country in which you were raised, your family's preferences, your cultural background...

So, don't worry overmuch about that! :)
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We had a lovely thanksgiving day meal at the Yachtsmans steakhouse.

The only thing I would say is that there wasn't much of it :lol: few slices of absolutely delicious turkey but that was it and I was almost expecting it may be carved at the table but it wasn't.

It wasn't THAT busy but of course there were no discounts allowed either, Disney Dining Experience etc
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

You'll probably get some ADR's if you go to the less popular places. I highly doubt you'll get something for Thanksgiving Day. I called last year at 180 days exactly and lots of places were almost gone.

As for the parks, they will be BUSY. Fast passes were gone by noon everyday. The best bet is to get up early and do the big things first.
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Well now you know someone there to complain to Keith if it happens again eh? Especially if he is your server! :lol: