1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How crazy is that?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Slowhand, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Having read on here about the hassle some folks are having with choosing their seats with VA now that they only allow you to make your choice 90 days from your flight, I thought that now that we are 89 days away from our next trip, I`d give it a shot.

Thanks to a deal with Mr. Branson we will be flying UC both ways, so I chose our favourite seats in the UC cabin [6A & 6K] as my DW [who is not a good flyer] needs to keep me in sight at all times.:lol:
    This was accepted by VA no problem. :thumbsup:

I then tried to choose the seats for our return journey, but apparently this can`t be done until 90 days from that date!!!

Wouldn`t you have thought that the seat selection process for both legs of the trip could be sorted at the same time?....or am I just being grumpy? :lol:
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I would be grumpy too. But I'm not surprised that it has to be 90 days from each leg.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Well that's just plan silly :rolleyes2: I suppose it makes sense, but it is a stupid idea and ou aren't being grumpy :hug2:.

We are the same as you Terry, we have our seats that we like to sit in and I am hoping we will be able to reserve them :fingers: but who knows with the way it is now :shrug:
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

If its any consolation, I usually cannot book my seats until 24 hours prior to the flight. Unless I want to pay for it. This is domestic travel though.
  5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Silliness and a waste of good time, if you ask me. We're typically in the same boat as Johnie - 24 hours. And even then we usually end up having to wait until we get to the airport because everything "available" is extra $.

Have I ever mentioned I REALLY dislike airlines?
  6. Sam

Sam Imagineer

After the nightmare we had with Delta the last time we went, being able to choose your seats at anytime is pure luxury.

Of course it would make sense that you book both at the same time instead of having to faff about going back on again a few days later.

Over the years with dealings with Easy Jet, BA and Delta to name a few I have yet to experience absolute hassle free air travel with good customer service throughout. I've learnt to expect poor service and then if I get good service it's a bonus.