1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how do you all do your trip reports?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by cosmicray, Oct 17, 2008.

1. cosmicray

cosmicray Earning my ears

Im amazed at the fantastic detail in these reports. I cant tell you how much theyre helping me plan

How do you all arrange them. Do you make notes every day or well I dont really know! :lol:
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I have a dictaphone on my mobile .... I chat to that a couple of times a day then, when I get back at night, I write it up in a jotter.
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I carry a tiny notebook and pen with me. Every moment I get - waiting in line, etc, I right a few notes. Sometimes during a meal if something funny happens I scribble something to remind me on a napkin or till receipt or any piece of paper handy. Then it all gets put together at the end. :D
  4. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I used to make notes, a lot of notes ~ almost writing the whole thing while i'm there!

In 2006 it probably took me about 30mins a day to keep up with my notes and I found it a bit draining and a bit of a pain.

This time round I took photo's of everything, literally. Pictures speak a thousand words and I am finding it very easy to follow each photo through the day. I also keep reciepts as I find it really helps with the timings for the day.
  5. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

I have a small notebook that I carry around with me and make notes when we are standing in queues or when we stop for a drink/something to eat. Generally it's just a list of times and attractions or other short notes that trigger memories. Like Jodie I also keep receipts which helps with times and prices and photos help too.

For our two trips this year I took my laptop with me and typed the report up at the end of the day while things were still fresh. I've even got to the stage of uploading photos to Photobucket while we are away and putting the formatted links into the trip report so by the time we get home it is essentially ready to cut and paste into a forum post.

I would highly recommend doing some form of trip report, even if you don't post it, because reading them back brings back so many memories of the little things that would otherwise be forgotten.
  6. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Having started my Pre-trippie already and it being my first attempt I have no idea how I am going to do mine!;)

But I know I like to take pictures so like Jodie I will probably take thousands of pictures and have bought a little notebook to take notes as well. We are taking the laptop with us but who knows if I will be bothered ( or get a minute) to do anything at night time with it!LOL

xxx
  7. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Now that I`m part way through mine it really does bring back some happy memories.
    Like others, I just make a few notes at the end of each day and take loads of photos. It somehow all comes together when I start typing.
    My main problem is trying to keep them concise.
  8. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

photos and a diary that i update each evening before bed!
  9. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Just a thought, but since many of us are giving photo essay reports, don't most digital cameras have a voice message option for each shot?
  10. cazzie

cazzie Earning my ears

I only did mine for the first 2 visits as I felt they were boring as we are not exciting people at all. I did start to write down some notes on my laptop the last time but gave up after a couple of days as I realised I could remember from my photos.
  11. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

photos photos photos....

i did to a diary from 06 but i misplaced it, so i had to go from memory adn the photos say it all

i must say that a report really does a lot for the memories !!!

it keeps it all real
  12. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

We're very boring, so I don't do them! :wink:

Seriously, we are. We enjoy ourselves at WDW, but there's rarely any drama. :shrug: Somehow it seems boring to write that I exercised for 30 minutes in the morning before getting ready for the day. It's just part of the daily routine that has to be continued when on holiday. :shrug: Too much information--and inconsequential! :rolleyes: