1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how do you plan your disney holiday??

Discussion in 'General' started by goofygal, Feb 19, 2010.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

there must be a better way of keeping all the dining reservations, flight times, tickets, plns and things

at the moment im just keeping them all in a notepad but its getting messy

how do you plan??
  2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

DH does it all on a spreadsheet and I write notes in a book then when it is all organised I like to write it up in a little travel journal with pockets etc for putting printoffs etc in, I like things down on paper not on a computer, with pretty colours and stickers :lol:
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I also prepare a spreadsheet in 3 columns...day/date, location [we normally stay at several locations], and dinner plans [including ADR info.]

It`s a bit of a pain having to decide where we will be having dinner so far in advance, thanks to the pesky DDP :furious:, but I need to do the spreadsheet to keep tabs on things.
    I also send a copy via email to several folks who we normally meet up with in Orlando so that we can arrange to see them at mutually convenient times.

At the bottom of the spreadsheet I also include several notes [telephone numbers, purchases I need to make, flight details etc.etc.]
  4. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

oh ukwdwnut sent me a speadsheet to do it all on its great not sure if he has a link to it on here or not :)
  5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I also do it on a spreadsheet...

each column is a day....
    and I just fill in whatever we will be doing during that day.... EMH, park hours, shows, and ADR numbers
  6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

oh!!

and once I get ADR numbers I load them to my iphone's calendar and ask for a reminder 1:30 hours in advance :)
  7. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

we dont ever do anything like this, but then because we dont stay onsite we dont do ADR's or anything. We usually decide the night before what we are doing the following day!
  8. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

oh wow I wish we could do that

I plan obsessively every day morning/afternoon/evening on a notepad
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I have a calendar/planner (that has pockets) that I use to organize my life. :D

I put flights, hotels, reservations for dinner, rental car info, plans to visit, even on ocassion what I'm going to wear!

It's small enough to carry with me, but large enough to allow me to view a month at a atime. Sometimes, the electronic version of things just doesn't work for me, and this is one of those times. :yes:
  10. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I have a notebook that i keep writing things down in as i come across them otherwise i forget!

things that we have to book like ADRs and Discovery Cove are set after that we tend to go with the flow- i have a general idea what we'd like to do but it's just a guide. If we have main meals onsite they are in the evening anyway so we will have gone back to accomodation in the afternoon that afternoon anyway so not important what park we want to be at.