1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How do you relax at disney?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by eeyoreguy, Aug 16, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

I think last time we had disney overload! how do you relax when youre there without missing out on things
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We usually just keep going on the adrenalin :lol: plenty of time to relax when you get on that plane and are heading for home. However, this time we are away for a month and I have slotted some lie ins into the itinerary and a couple of days where we are just going to go with the flow even if it's just sitting by the pool and having take out pizza....we are in Florida and that's what's important.

What about a leisurely stroll through DTD....maybe hire a boat from captain Jack's Marina for an hour. Go to the movies one evening. Sit with a cool drink and watch the world go by at the Boardwalk.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ahhhh, yes. :yes: One of the positives about living so close is that we can go there (staying onsite for this example) and not have to worry about a thing. We choose the park we want to be in on a given day, go to the park, early or after a leisurely breakfast depending on multiple factors.

When we are tired or too hot we leave, return to the resort get some drinks and lounge by the pool. :yes: It's just wonderful.

Sometimes we stroll gently around the WS and watch people. It's relaxing, fun and incredibly interesting. I've often thought about writing about my "Disney Social Science Observations." :lol:

We have a nice meal that we don't rush through to get to the next place. One of our favorites is to go to Crew's Cup lounge before our ADR at YSH. We have a leisurely drink there, talking about the day, and the upcoming day, and sometimes share an appetizer. We then have our dinner at YSH, and (all but one time) have a wonderul time with the server. Our conversation continues over dinner and may include any number of topics.

After dinner we've been known to return to Crew's Cup for a nightcap before returning to our resort.

Sometimes we go to the boardwalk and enjoy the live entertainment that is there in the evening. We'll do some people watching too. We like to watch the higher fireworks of Illuminations from there sometimes, instead of going into the park. :yes: We'll get a drink and sit on one of the benches and just take it all in. Very relaxing.

Sometimes we go to Mizner's Lounge in the GF. It's a wonderful place to have a very relaxing drink, listen to lovely (live) music, have some YUMMY nuts :D and a nice view from the windows. :yes:

Sometimes we relax by walking along the canal from OKW to DTD. :yes: We like to walk and that really is a relaxing thing for us to do. We talk along the way there as there isn't too much people watching going on. :D There are some boats and small water craft that pass by. We wave. They wave. We enjoy the nautical moment.

Sometimes we take a left on this walk and go through SSR. When we do that it's a simple excuse to go to the Turf Room for fortification. :D We continue the stroll around to DTD. Sometimes we walk back along the canal. Sometimes we take a ferry. Sometimes we take a bus. All depends on the moment.

Not very often, but we've been known to go to Port Orleans/Riverside (whatever it's properly called now) and enjoy the evening entertainment there. The man that plays the piano there is very good and really makes it fun for everyone.

We like to visit the WL too (if we aren't staying there) and roam around. We sometimes coordinate our visit with the EWP and watch from this resort. :yes:

The Spas at the GF and SSR would be options for relaxing too. :yes: Haven't yet done anything at either of them as there are much more affordable (and very nice spas) offsite.

I would like to visit the Mandala Spa at the Swan/Dolpin though. :yes:

Some folks would find the Miniature Golf options to be relaxing too. There is Disney Quest, and the water parks. All potentially lower key entertainment than the parks.

Cirque du Soleil is another option for entertainment combined with relaxing. Although, my adreneline is usually pumping with the pace, the intricacy and the challenges presented by the performers! :yes:

Living so close to Disney has its drawbacks for sure, but there are some real benefits, too. :yes:
  4. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

go horse riding get us away from it all and see a bit of nature as well total down time
  5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Bit of mini golf.
    Water parks = rest day for us. :lol:
    Stroll around Downtown Disney
    One trip me and Adrian rode the Epcot monorail to the TTC then caught the ferry to the MK and then got on the bus back to our resort - just for the heck of it. :D
  6. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

We love Animal Kingdom Lodge for this because we can go back to the resort and look at the animals, talk to the cms there
  7. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Resort and swimming for us
  8. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We don't have much relaxing time as we like to pack a lot in. :D
    There are 2 places we sit for a while though:
    The Dawa Bar in AK - lovely RumRunners and fun entertainment,
    Cap'n Jack's Margarita Bar in DisneyMarketplace - lovely at night.
  9. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We like to have a day or two where we sleep in late and we love to take a nice long swim after getting back from the park before going to bed :p015:
  10. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

we have out relaxing days at the water parks, we all love them so they double up
  11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We've been often enough to not feel that we are missing anything so relaxing comes easy. We aren't ones who often stay real late in the parks so we like to relax at our resort bar and have a couple of drinks.
  12. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Sleep in, mostly. With the time difference, we're usually up until 3:00 a.m. the first four or five days of our WDW visits. Unless we have an early tour or ADR toward the end of the visit, we're rarely at the parks before 11:00 a.m. or noon. Works better for us. :)

We also don't rush around. We're more at the strolling age--for the most part! :lol:
  13. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We don't do lie ins at all - a lie in for us is 7am istead of 6.30 :lol: We tend to do our relaxing mooching around the shops at DTD or hiring a boat from the marina there (although that wasn't too relaxing last year as the boat we were given was so big you could have held a wedding onboard and I kept screaming at DH as he nearly crashed a few times :rolleyes008:).

Evenings we are not at the parks I like to walk around the Beach Club/ Boardwalk circle and catch some of the entertainment on the BW.

Disney mini golf is a good one too.

A nice restaurant, or we like to grab a drink and set up camp to watch Illuminations - all relaxing to me.:)
  14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

YIKES Lisaw! The boating surely doesn't sound too relaxing! :hug1:
  15. BevW

BevW Imagineer

Love some of these ideas on relaxing!
    Rick and I resort hop when we still want to keep on going. It's a cool way to visit the other places and plan on where we'd LOVE to stay...someday.

We also love to do the mini golf at Fantasia Gardens....its' hilarious.