1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How do you save up spending money?

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Jun 6, 2011.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

A bit of a weird one but how do you all save spending money?

do you ebay stuff? or save a bit each month? convert it to dollars so you can't spend it :lol: or what? how do you save?

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

just dont spend the money i get simple as that. we do go without a heck of a lot when saving for a trip but worth every sacrifice :D

3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Firstly we collect all of our loose change, 1p/2p/5p/10p/20p and pay it into a separate holiday account. You'll be amazed at how quickly it mounts up.
    DH puts aside £5 per day after work and then we pay that in too. :thumbsup:

4. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

We do the same with spare change in a big jug in the kitchen. The jug is decorated with stuff from WDW so it is the "Disney Jug" Other things we do is what we call "sacrifice and match" Here's how it works.

Eating at a restaurant. Instead of ordering a second beer I'll drink water. We match what that beer would cost and that would go in the Disney Jug. Same thing as we'll not have dessert and instead we'll have cookies when we get home. We match the cost of the dessert and it goes the Disney Jug.

Other things we've done is rent a movie instead of going out to the movies. Pack a lunch from home instead of buying one. Instead of me buying two 6 packs of a micro brew for $7 each I'll buy a 12 pack of Bud for $10. Each time the savings is matched and put in the Disney Jug.

Sacrifice and match will save you tons of money pretty quickly. It's amazing what you can do with out.

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I like the idea of sacrifice and match, it's a really good idea :yes:

6. chief

chief Earning my ears

we put all oue loose change in "the Florida Fund" we cut down on eating out and buy shop bought pizzas for our "pizza night" and shop bought curry deals on our "curry night" i take a huge flask of aero hot chocolate when we go to our local park, after our walk around we drink this instead of the £2 per cup aero hot choc! [that saves us £8] it all soon mounts up!! we dont really feel like we are losing out either. in the easter holidays we packed picnics and had days out at the beach, stratford or warwick instead of going out for a meal in these places.:yes: doing this also saves for our park tickets too:thumbsup:

7. kimb28

kimb28 Earning my ears

I am going to the parks in September. I have a savings account at the same bank as my checking. I have it set up so when my paycheck is direct deposited every other Friday a set amout is automaticly sent to the savings account. I won't thansfer it back until it's time to head to Florida!