1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How does Disney dining work?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by welshjim22, Mar 1, 2012.

1. welshjim22

welshjim22 Earning my ears

I normally visit Orlando each year but for various reasons we are visiting Disneyland Paris this year with my niece and nephew. We purchased the dining plan plus option but i am a little confused. When we booked i was under the impression that at the appropriate restaurants we could have a starter, main and desert in exchange for our voucher but the way some disney literature talks about it it seems like we now use the voucher as some form of part payment. On one disney page for example it shows ticks next to some restaurants on a chart and the word 'save' on others.

Could someone explain how exactly it all works. I had hoped not to have to pay extra for food.

Thanks
  2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I can't help Jim as we've never been to DLP ( or used any sort of DDP) but I wanted to welcome you to Secrets.

There are many folk on here who have used the dining plan and I'm sure they'll be along to help soon.

Enjoy your planning

Sandra
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi and welcome to Secrets :wave:

I'm not 100% sure when it comes to Disneyland Paris, but I have had a look for you and as far as I can see and understand, the Dining Plus option is:

A half board plan that includes one of your meals - lunch or dinner, per person for each night of your stay. This voucher includes an all you can eat buffet or a set menu: starter, main course, dessert and one soft drink or water, which can be used in restaurants at the resort.

What the "Plus Option" gives you, is the choice of an additional 9 medium scale restaurants at Disneyland as well as the choice of table service locations on the dining plan.

For the restaurants that are not included in the Dining Plan Plus option you can save 10% on the cost of the food.

So for example if you wanted to go to the California Grill in the Disneyland Hotel, you would have to pay for this meal but you would get a 10% discount.

There only seems to be 3 restaurants and 1 show that your plus plan is excluded from
    so you should be OK.

I hope this helps :)
  4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

It pretty much what Wendy said but worth noticing that some offer 'restricted' menu if you are using dining plan.

However, you can use the plan as a 'face value' and pay the different if you do not like the food options in the restricted menu.

Where about in Wales are you from by the way?

Jeff