1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How does Magical Express work?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Mari, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Meaning...

Does it work like a shuttle that leaves from MCO every 15 or 30 mins. ... does the same bus make stops all around WDW, or are the specific buses for each resort or say for all the monoriel resorts, etc...

When you go back to the airport... does it stop again at other resorts?

So.. how long would it normally take to get from the airport to your resort?

I also believe your luggage arrives later..... but, how longis later??

thank you!

2. Mari

I case anyone else was wondering, I found the following info on the Disney website.

ARRIVALS:

Magical Express Welcome Center: Terminal B Level 1 (You will be at level 2, and can take either an elevator or the stairs to level 1, just make sure you are on the B side)

If you are an international guest, who didnt receive luggage tags, you have two options:
    1. You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim (level 2) and bring it with you on the motorcoach.
    2. You may proceed to the Magical Express Welcome Center and Disney will collect your luggage. You will need to provide your airline baggage claim check numbers to the Disney representatives.
    *Note: If you arrive AFTER 10pm, you have to bring your luggage to the welcome center.

Travel Time: Around 45 minutes, and the motorcoach can stop at up to three resorts before arriving at your resort.

DEPARTURES:

The day prior to check out, you will receive a notice with your motorcoach pick up time and location. It is usually 3 hours before your flight is scheduled for domestic flights and 4 hours for international flights.

The motocoach will stop at the different gate check ins.

*** I still havent found any information regarding how frequently the motorcoaches leave MCO, is it every 15, 30, 45 mins, if they wait for a particular number of guests or something else.....

3. Mari

oh!! and about how long it takes for your luggage to arrive... According to Disney it can take up to 4 hours, so make sure you have medications, valuables and other essential items in your carry on.

:)

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Just back from having used Disney magical express and for the first time since they stopped sending out the luggage labels and booklet to international guests (a truly stupid move in my opinion but still).

Anyway, it worked perfectly I'm very pleased to say :)

When they stopped sending out the luggage tags to International guests, I really wondered whether to still use the magical express. How would they identify the cases? would they just go round and round on the belt and so on.

Anyway, we went to the magical express desk and let them scan our luggage checks (the barcodes given to you when you check your luggage at the departure airport). That was it, no describing cases or anything.

They then printed out the stuff you'd normally receive in the mail. Tickets for the coach and so on and we went out to the coach.

As usual, we were last out of the three resorts the coach went to but it didn't spend long at each one so it wasn't a problem.

Later in the evening, whilst we were out, the luggage was delivered to our room and all perfectly in order :)

So to anyone wondering about the service now we don't get tags, I'd say don't stress! It still works just fine :yes:

I do still think they should send the tags out just because it's nicer to know everything is booked and fine but still

5. Mari

Its good to know!

I was also a bit worried about leaving my luggage in the airport, but Im guessing taking it from Terminal A to B and down one flight os stairs with a toddler in tow is going to be a nightmare.. hahahaha

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Let me know when you get your flight info and I can arrange the ME for you

7. Mari

Thank you Johnie!!!!! :)

You are awesome!!!