1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how good or bad is the brown derby?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by jojo, Sep 7, 2010.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

:sorry::wave: is the brown derby worth the money coz it seems expensive for a park place but if its really good we'll go :wiggle: if its no good, whats the best place to go to in whatever mgm is called now
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You know? I've not ever dined there! I've never been too impressed with the choices on the menu or the cost. The reports we've had here fairly recently are that it's not that great of a place to dine.

Many members here really enjoy Prime Time 50s Cafe. :yes:

Oh and they've renamed MGM Studios (which is what some of us will always call the park! :D ) to Disney Hollywood Studios. :shrug:
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Years ago (1997 or 1998) the Brown Derby was excellent! It used to be one of our favorite places to eat.

However, these days, I'm not so sure. We haven't be back in quite a while and the reports from other people who've tried it have been less than stellar.

Like Tink says, the 50's Prime Time Cafe is now our favorite dining experience although it's totally unlike the Brown Derby.

Tom :)macwave:... when do we eat?)
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I absolutely agree with Tom. Like the original Brown Derby in Hollywood this one is past its prime and IMHO needs to be shut down and reopened as something more interesting. The best thing on their menu is their Cobb Salad, which you can also get at lunch time. We just don't do this place for dinner any more.
  5. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We went for the first time last September. The restaurant itself is very nice inside. The food was of a good quality and the service was efficient and friendly. ( Whilst drinking a glass of wine I discovered that the glass was cracked. They apologised profusely and gave us a half-bottle of wine. )
    However, if you do go, my tip is to go for an early lunch. The meals are much cheaper than in the evening, for the same food. Also, it's quieter and you'll get served faster. :thumbsup: