1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how large are the room safes?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, Aug 19, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Are they large enough for a small laptop? I heard the ones at pop century are larger because theyre newer?

Also is the best advice to carry money and checks around with us or leave them in the safe?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Unfortunately they will not hold a laptop. Money and checks should be safe in them however. We normally just leave the laptop locked in its carry case and it has NEVER been touched.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's never a good idea to leave easily picked up valuables like a laptop, camera, binoculars, other things along those lines, visible in any resort. At least close them up, put them in cases and keep them out of sight.

Disney is famously safe, but even Disney has had some thievery of guests items. :(

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I lock my laptop in my checked-bag. I use a regular lock, not TSA approved to lock it in the room. Then when I travel, I switch back to the TSA approved lock. No sense in tempting fate if one of those TSA keys has been obtained by some unsavoury character!

Also, I carry enough cash for the day, plus some traveler's cheques. Everything else goes in the safe. I do have a list of TCs and contact information in the safe, my purse and in my checked bag--just in case! Never have needed them at WDW, although I have had things disappear at other destinations.