1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How long for the animal kingdom?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by goofygal, Jan 28, 2009.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

sorry about all the questions :sorry: how long would you say is needed to see all the animal kingdom? one day or longer?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Why ever would you apologize! :hug2: That's what this site is for! Helping others. :yes:

I love AK. I want to see everything there is, and that includes all the intricate details, so it takes me a full day. :yes:

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

To take your time and really enjoy the park I would say a good day. However, I don't enjoy the park as much as others and can get in, do what I want and then leave in a few hours.

Don't miss the bird show, it's why I show up to AK.

4. Tink

That is a great show, isn't it, Billie? :yes: We love the Pangani Forest trail the best, as that is where the gorillas live. It's all nice though.

We almost always take the Safari. It's the lure of what animals you will be able to see at any given time, eh? :yes:

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

It really is great! I love owls and they have the biggest I've ever seen. :D It's absolutely beautiful!

6. Tink

I agree. :yes: The story line is silly. We just go for the birds. :yes: The birds of prey are incredible. So are the silly chickens! :lol:

7. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Well, we love AK and spend 2 days there.
    If you have enough time have a good look around the whole park, it's full of hidden gems.
    Try the Safari at different times of the day.

8. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

See it all depends on your point of view - a LOT of people come on here and don't 'GET' the Animal KIngdom and say they can DO it in 1/2 a day.

For me it is my oasis - I love this park - in some ways I love it most of all - there is a lot more to the park than running between queues for rides - in a small way that has been detracted from by Everest - however I also think that is an awesome ride. It is a park to stroll around and absorb the atmosphere of and just 'be' in lots of little secret pathways to stroll off.

Depends what you want from the day you can do as much or as little as you like

9. Tink

Excellent advice, MystikPiglit!! All the animal habitats have different activity levels depending upon the time of day, and the temperatures during the day. :yes:

Do look at EVERYTHING. You'll be amazed at the intricacies of this park. The light poles to the benches, to the pathways, to well...everything!

The first time I crossed the bridge to Harambe (stop giggling there Doc) my very first thought was, "This is DISNEY?" It seemed very realistic to me.

Don't forget to listen too. :yes: You'll hear mothers singing to their babes, knocks on hotel doors, and the like. :yes:

Very well done park if you take the time to take in all the details. :yes:

10. Skywatcher

Harambe ( :D ) Is a spectacular village and I couldn't quite take in the attention to detail on the buildings = every crack every bit of chipped plaster effect - a stunning piece of work - and of course in my opinion the most magnificent monolith of all is the Tree of Life which frankly, I could spend a whole day just looking at

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

At least all day and don't rush about. Spend time exploring. Look around the Oasis area - lots of little hidden spots hide beautiful animals.

12. Skywatcher

We love the anteater

13. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think it depends on many factors, including what you like to do, how crowded it is, and who you are going with...

With crowds, sometimes you can be in line for the safari for over an hour!

And if you are going with kids, Im sure they will have a great time digging for dinosaur bones, so that would probably take an hour or so of your time...

Or, you might really like the Lion King, and dont mind being in line for Festival of the Lion King....

Or you might get to see the limbo dancers at HARAMBE! (hahahaha Chris) so that would take longer...

OR...... you might just be interested in doing its tough to be a bug and the dinosaur ride and be out of there in an hour...

so.. I think it just depends....

I love to take it easy, and just do 2 half days..... that way its not tiring, and we get to do everything!

14. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We do at least two very full days...but you know what I'm like with animals! We can stand and watch the tigers or gorillas for an hour before we decide to move on (then we'll go back and see them later in the day too)

15. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We always spend 2 or 3 days there as well, I love it. I think you could manage most of it in one day though if you had to.

I agree about the Flights of Wonder show - it's great and overlooked by many, they do a presentation outside the theatre if you get there early. :)

16. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

This is a park I enjoy when the weather is cooler. In the hotter months, I just get in and get out. It's like a sauna there.

17. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

If you'll be visitng WDW in warmer weather, be sure to arrive at AK early in the morning. It can be miserably hot and uncomfortable in the afternoon heat and humidity--and most of the very intelligent animals will be resting and staying cool! I'm sure they wonder what the silly humans are about! :lol:

This is a difficult park for me. There are many things I love about it, but the terrain is very difficult for me. My left foot, ankle and knee don't handle uneven surfaces well. And most of the paths are quite uneven. :sigh:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  18. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

Joe Rhode (Imagineer) did a WONDERFUL job with Animal Kingdom!

It is just seriously the hottest place on the face of the planet...I swear its 47 feet from the face of the sun...

19. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I love Animal Kingdom and I always intend to just wander around but I never seem to...:unsure:

Flights of Wonder is lovely isn't it!

Attached Files: