1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How many days for universal?

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by chipndale, Mar 3, 2010.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

Hi

we want to try and see the other parks next time we go but I think I read that universal orlando is really two parks? universal and islands of adventure

I dont really understand what's in which bit and how large they are? Any universal fans around ??
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`m not a huge Universal fan, but it certainly is worth a visit while you are in the vacinity.
    Yep, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are 2 seperate parks although they are right next to one another and you have to pay seperate entrance fees to each of them.
    The rides at Universal are much more "tame" overall and therefore would be more suitable for younger children or timid adults, wheras in general there are more white knuckle rides at I of A. For this reason [my DW doesn`t do scary rides], we tend to only visit US.

I reckon that one day at each park should be sufficient to see and do most things assuming the lines are not too large.

Links to both of the parks with further information can be found on this page [scroll down to the bottom of the page for the links].
  3. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

You can buy a ticket that allows entrance to both parks. We stayed at one of their hotels(Royal Pacific) and that allowed us front of the line privileges. We were able to complete both parks in less than 3 days. They have a 7 day ticket that allows entrance to both parks for $149, the ticket expires 7 days after it is first used. My 13 year old son like the rides at Universal more than he does the Disney rides.
  4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I love Universal Studios and it is a 'must do' for us :yes:
    I can't do many of the rides because of motion sickness but US can keep me entertained all day. I love the Blues Brothers show and won't miss the Beetlejuice show.

We do still visit Islands of Adventure but it is usually DH that goes on the rides here although I can do some of the tamer ones!

You can buy a two park pass for these two parks or even a pass that has them together with SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Aquatica/Wet 'n' Wild.
  5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i reckon 1 day at each of US & IOA but i could easily spend 2 days at IOA much more my kind of park than US :) we dont always visit US on each trip either
  6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i think a day for each and a spare to do the things you want to do again. That's why we are spendign 2 nights on site- we'll have 3 days front of line access.
  7. chief

chief Earning my ears

:thumbsup:ah some great advice here thankyou:thumbsup:
  8. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I have managed to do both in one day (!) I just go to rides that I enjoy and ignore the rest :)