1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How many ways are there to get to the Yacht Club

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Disneybumble, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

We have an ADR at YS for 7pm on the 11/11/09. Even though we have a car this will be a "let's have a drink" night.
    We are staying at POFQ and l know we can get a bus to the YC, but can we do it any other way. Can l get a boat from DTD or can l walk to the YC.
    Also what time should we leave for this ADR. It's a shopping day so l think Mr B will be needing some refreshment:tongue:

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The boat from POFQ will only take you to DTD and back. You also can't walk to the YC. It's too far and the roads aren't set up well.

You could probably take a the boat to DTD and then catch a bus to the YC. I am so not the one to ask this....I always drive.

Disney always says to allow an hour for transportation time when using their system.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

or you could go to epcot and walk through the international gateway and/or take a boat from there

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

True!

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

If it were me, I'd get a lovely boat to DTD, it'll take some time but it'll be pleasant :) and then the bus from DTD direct to the yacht club. The disadvantage will be that the bus will stop at all the EPCOT resorts and will take a while, but it'll drop you right at the YC so not too much walking.

EPCOT direct from POFQ and then through international gateway will involve less modes of transport :) but you'll have to allow enough time to walk from the bus to the EPCOT gates which for me is already too far :lol: then all the way through through the park to the IG which is a fair, ok I'll say it, LONG in my opinion, walk and then you'll have a fair walk after that to the YC. You COULD minimise some of that with the boats but probably easier to just take it slow and enjoy. It IS a long walk though.

(we usually get a cab back, it doesnt cost much and after a nice meal I can't usually be bothered with all the transport)

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, I would take the boat to DTD and then the bus to the Yacht Club. On the way back, take a bus to DTD, and then a boat or a bus to your resort.

Unless, of course you want to go directly from a park to the restaurant. Then simply get on a bus to the Yacht Club. :yes:

7. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

You could always get the bus from POFQ to HS and then take the riverside walk past Swan and Dolphin and then to the Yachtsman Steakhouse, then you could get the boat back to HS and bus from there to FQ