1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how much are pins at disney?

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by disney1sttimer, Feb 16, 2011.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

How much are these pins at disney? I think our youngest would like collecting them but I dont want to suggest it if theyre too expensive :/

Also is there a place where we can go to see all the different ones available so we can try and make a list to get when we go?

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

They all vary in price, think they start at about $5.95 and go up to somewhere around $14 i think? We collected them for dd when we went, its cheaper than buying a teddy in each park though! :lol:

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

As Kate says the pins vary greatly in price. There are so many different pins that to try and see them all would be almost impossible, especially since there are a goodly number that were limited edition.

4. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

You can check out this site

Dizpins Pinventory

They have a huge list of pins, don't know if it is everything, bear in mind that a lot of these pins wont be available anymore.

Also, to start a collection try looking on Ebay for sellers selling random sets of pins. They usually work out well under £1 a pin you can then trade them for what you like when you get to Disney :thumbsup: We did it last time and saved a fortune and the kids got to trade with the cast members straight away.

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

There is a store at DTD which has a HUGE selection. It`s located near to the Earl of Sandwich. I think it`s called "Pin Traders" but I may be wrong there!]

6. maune98

maune98 Earning my ears

The $5 ones are very plain and the $14 ones have a moving item on them. The ones inbetween are 3D or colorful.

7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Here's Disney's own page about pin collecting and trading.

Note that there's a link off there to show you what the upcoming pins are. There's also a link to a complete catalog of all the pins that Disney's ever offered. But with over 10,000 pins in that collection, it may take you a while to go through them. :unsure:

Tom :)macwave:... no... I will not start another collection. Somebody stop me!)

8. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

oo you sound like an expert pin collector, which ones do you collect if you dont mind me asking?

9. chief

chief Earning my ears

We started collecting the pins at wdw last year.
    we only got the around $6 ones. we thought it was a good thing to collect, as kate said 'cheaper than a teddy'
    also smaller to bring back home.
    we collected one for all the characters the children met and we pinned them all on a lanyard.

10. maune98

maune98 Earning my ears

Well, I've only been there 11 times!:happybounce: The first one I ever got was an aroura one that said happy birthday (it was my b-day) and I got it from a person who works there. So that got me started on a lot of them(I even have a bag to carry them in). I am collecting any Lelo & Stitch,princess,Dee bees,Winnie the pooh and friends,Mickey Mouse/Minnie, Marie, Disneyland Holidays,rides,disney cuties, monorailes,old ride tickets,cutie pirates of the caribean,pictures of old characetrs in diamond shaped frames(only way to describe it),Mickey and friends,Winnie the pooh and friends in picture frames,Tinker Bell and friends,Chip and dale,fruits with hidden mickeys,gold mickey ear hats,pirates of the caribean,big pins that take four backs,haunted mansion,disney characters on clouds,halloween,best kept disney secret,characters with sayings,illuminations:reflections of earth,lion king,and last but not least baby tinker bell.

11. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

I found that if I go onto Ebay there are collectors there that sell in blocks of pins. Then I take THOSE pins and trade them for the ones I really want.

12. MirandaWrights

MirandaWrights Earning my ears

pin at disney are color coded priced
    from 6.95 to 12.95

green
    yellow
    red
    blue
    pink

not in this order but you get the gest of it

pink pins are 12.95