1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How much money to take for 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'General' started by AKLnut, Mar 4, 2009.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

we've never bothered planning it much before because with the 2 for 1 exchange rate we didnt care much but this time I think we should get the cash before we go.

How much money do you think for everything other than resorts and tickets for 2 adults 2 kids

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

A difficult question without knowing a bit more - do you buy a lot of merchandise? Are you on the dining plan ( as this makes a huge difference) do you plan on doing any sit down meals? are you prepared to get anything on debit/credit cards?

We usually take about £1500 spending for our family of 4 as cash , clearly this year we got a lot less $ for our £ and had to get the odd thing on the cards as well, but from that we bought our food and merchandise and paid for the odd taxi ride as well.

It is difficult as everyones spending pattern varies wildly

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Me and Gavin use $200 per day so $3000 in total. We don't go mad and buy a whole new wardrobe but we don't deny ourselves anything either. Ride photo's, character meals etc, we also drive so have parking each day aswell. We don't eat at high end places, generally we vary between a takeout and a sit down evening meal, we usually eat lunch in the parks.

We come home with money, $500 one year and $200ish last year but we know we can have whatever we want whenever we want it.

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

it depends what your expectations are too, if you are planning to eat in table service restaurants every day then you will need a lot more than if you eat off site all the time if you see what i mean. Also depends on how old the kids are, mine are now nearly 15 and 10 and are counted as adults to eat now so a lot more expensive.