1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How much or little do you plan?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by jojo, Jul 17, 2009.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

Yes it's another stupid jojo question :lol: :hug2:

We re normally such laid back people but im in overtime planner mode for the disney trip. MUST have all our meals must have all these shows and im having rows about how much we can do in a day :(

So am i mad. will it be better to relax a lot and miss things or better to pack it all in, see most of the things i want to and then be tired but happy :lol:

what do you do? how much do you plan?
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We tend to "wing it" as far as daytime activities go, visiting the parks for example based on how we feel on that day unless we have pre-booked any special events [eg MNSSHP etc.].
    We always make sure that we allow some rest days though to conserve our energy!
    There was a time in the good old days when we could do the same when choosing where to have dinner on-site however nowadays thanks to all of those pesky dining plans etc. it is sadly essential for us to make ADR`s way in advance for our "must do" restaurants. It sure is a pain deciding where to eat 3 months in advance!
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Same as Slowhand!

We've been lucky enough to go quite often so we don't worry about doing everything in the parks any more, just catching our must-dos as and when. I think the first time we went though we fitted SO much into that first week. We were tired by the end though.

Meals now seem to define our planning process. We try and decide where we must eat and what else is going on around that day. It's a far cry from the days when we could walk up to le cellier and have a great dinner there without any plans BUT with care, we still tend to get what we want and have some wonderful meals :yes:
  4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

We print out a 1 month calendar and write bits on but it's just to give us an idea of what we want to do and there's usually things scribbled out and moved -

Oh I love it, the anticipation is great and really something to look forward to :excited:

Sandra
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I plan, plan, plan :lol:

If I went more often that every two years I would probably be more laid back about it (or I like to think I would anyway! :lol:) but as it is I like to see and do everything we want to and pack in as much as possible. We do tend to have ADR's for most days and plan the days around that or other things we want to do that are date specific.

Mind you I am the same whether its a holiday to WDW or camping in Dorset :D
  6. sunsetlakes

sunsetlakes Earning my ears

We make a note of the things that we definitely want to do but fit them into which days we want when we get there. Slightly different this time around as we are taking a friend for our DS14, and the friend has never been abroad before, so we will be seeing Florida through new eyes again this time and i'm so excited! As a surprise for doing well at school we are taking them on the Zipline safari and a helicopter ride as well as being there for Halloween & doing all the parks :wiggle:
  7. Bichonpoochies

Bichonpoochies Earning my ears

Edinburgh, Scotland. The most beautiful littlest c
    I'm usually kind of easy-osy about planning. I usually just make sure the days we go to the parks are either light or average crowd attendance. I guess being a few times before tends to take the pressure off a bit.

However, this October we're going with family members who have never been before so the planning is in full swing to maximise their enjoyment. ADR's have been made and dates for the parks have been chosen to include Wishes, Spectromagic and Fantasmic.

Haven't been this organised for such a long time!
  8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We kind of plan. We know which park we intend to be in on each day but that is flexible. For example if we wake up to pouring rain then we'll head to Epcot whatever because there's enough undercover there to keep us occupied. We don't book many onsite meals but those also dictate what park/area we'll be in on a specific day.

Other than that we temd to go with the flow.
  9. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Me plan?
    Never.......!
  10. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

:eek3: :tape::thud:
  11. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

we only plan what parks we want to do then decide the night before where...we find that better for us rather than a rigid timetable :nono:
  12. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

We plan the parks beforehand and about 4 or 5 ADRs and then wing it
  13. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

We usually plan around EMH for that night if we don't have PH passes, and of course most meals are now planned in advance. Honestly if we didn't have to plan our meals we would be quite relaxed. i remember the days it wasn't needed. You may not have gotten your first choice but there was always something on your list available. :sorry:
  14. Mandy

Mandy Earning my ears

We don't plan must as such, we just purchase the tickets we want and then decided when we are there what and when we are going to do them. :)
  15. Karen

Karen Earning my ears

We make a note of the quietest parks for each day and then see how we feel when we're out there.
  16. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

normally never plan just wake up and decide but with having to book dinning its been a bit more planned which i dont like :(
  17. Jane

Jane Earning my ears

we dont plan that much, this year was our first time with 2 adrs
    we usually decide the day before what we are going to do the following day
  18. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

The only things we plan are the things that we've had to book (like next time we are dining with shamu and KTTK tour), the rest is decided the night before.
    we've gone a few times now and we've always done it this way. id imagine some people will say we must be missing out on quite a lot by not planning - but that means we will have to go back again!! :wink:
  19. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

We normally dont plan... ANYTHING.... last trip we planned 4 meals,a dn only made 3 of the 4 ADRs...

However this trip we ARE planning, with free dining we had to plan where we wanted to eat most of the days, ande based of what Johnie was able to get us, we planned which parks to go to....
  20. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

We stay off site ,so we normaly plan what park on each day. On our last vist we had booked CRT and Dine with Shamu so that dictated those two days.