1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How much spending money for Disneyworld?

Discussion in 'General' started by mkjon, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mkjon

mkjon Earning my ears

I know this is like how long is a piece of string but on average how much spare money would you take per person after tickets/meals and so on are all paid for

2. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I think it depends on the size of your family and how many times you've been to Disney. My son budgets about $20. -25 dollars a day that he saves for the trip. He's now almost 14 and usually brings home more than 1/2 of it unless he finds a really great book or carving for his room. We usually keep about $50. in cash for each day and put whatever is left in a rooll over envelope. If at the end of our stay we've seen something we really want, we always have the funds to purchase it. If you have real little ones, the pull for wands and light up toys is pretty stong!!!

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

:lol: I actually utilize the roll over envelope as well...and my daily budget tends to be around $50 as well.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We used to say $75 per adult but came back with way too much $'s.
    We went to $50 per adult and still come back with roughly half.

5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

See, the more you go the less you buy!!!( frees up $$$$ for other trips!)

6. chief

chief Earning my ears

last easter when we went [2 adults and 2 children age 11 and 8] we spent $14 dollars per day on theme park parking. we did a pirate dinner show which cost $155 about $100 on photos at planet hollywood, tusker house and hard rock. $200 on pool heating and $50 on insurance [ we were in a villa] around $650 on gifts for us and family! we had a full tank of petrol but we put an extra $40 in the tank. about $10 in toll roads. about $250 on food shopping.[we was self catreing] plus our meals out. we alo upgraded our car when we got to orlando for $290 that was a lot cheaper than upgrading in the uk. pool heating was cheaper to do in orlando too.

7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

It all depends on where you are staying, eating in or out, flashy food or not etc. Plus you can save a lot by buying mugs and trinkets and lollipops at WallMarts instead of in the parks, which will be double the price.

Keep a cool head on your shoulders.

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

In the past we have done the $50 as well, unless we saw something really special like the Mickey & Minnie wedding snowglobe we found last time :yes: This trip we are going with a 4 year old and a 2 year old..so I figure we are going to need around $200 a day :lol: Or Dh and I won't need anything since Nani and Poppie are coming along :D

9. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:tongue::tongue::tongue: