1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How much would you spend on a deluxe hotel?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by partygirl, Jun 3, 2011.

1. partygirl

partygirl Earning my ears

I know I know its up to everyone and everyone is different but I've started out thinking of pop century and now I'm looking at the polynesian for a lot of money.

On one hand its a very special trip on the other the less spent on the hotel the more spent elsewhere

Are you a deluxe a mod or a value person?
  2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

if you have kids and are only gonna be sleeping there go for the moderate if you have no kids and are looking for a few extra luxuries then i would go for delux :)
    i must admit we have done all levels and i much prefer the delux but when we used to take the kids we liked the moderates as its geared for them :)
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We're out of the hotel all day so spending on a deluxe would be a waste for us. Weigh up the costs and benefits - if you're going to use all the fancy facilities then why not, if you're just looking for a room to sleep in then I wouldn't waste my money.
  4. partygirl

thanks :) I was thinking when we come back it would be nice to have a restaurant there but its a lot more money just for that
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

But remember you don't have to be staying at a hotel to visit its restaurant. We have stayed in the deluxes but normally stay either value or mod. We almost always have a car so getting where we want to be when is rather simple.
  6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We stay deluxe now because we have DVC before that we stayed at moderate and value.
    Because we now only really do the Disney parks with a couple of morning's/afternoons offsite for other things I feel it is lovely to stay at the deluxes because of the other things they have to offer (AKL for example has a whole host of ranger lead activites for kids and adults to do, Boardwalk has a marina for taking a boat out and surrey bikes for hire etc) over three weeks we have more time now to do the other things disney have to offer.
    If we were going to do what we used to do and have two weeks at parks onsite and offsite everyday I would stay at a value/mod. :)
  7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I think you have to weigh the pros and cons for your family.

I do not spend a lot of time in the hotel so we typically do not stay in a deluxe. I have stayed in a deluxe a couple of times and did enjoy but I got a really awesome deal to do so.

You can make an ADR for any restaurant on property whether you stay there or not. Just because you are staying at a resort does NOT mean you will automatically be able to walk into a restaurant. That just does not happen.
  8. partygirl

Thanks all I'm going to ask the forum travel agent about the options. I really like the idea of the polynesian though :yes:
  9. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

That is such a good question. I've been thinking about splurging and staying at a Deluxe for my b-day this year but I am balking at $150. Mostly because I know it will only be for one night and I would only be sleeping there (the rest of my time would be spent at the Rose & Crown LOL!). I don't know...It's so difficult because I really want to try a Deluxe room but I don't necessarily want to be over at WDW and not want to spend every waking hour at the parks! Maybe if it was a non-park visit? Spent my time at the resort & dining at the resort? Such a tough decision...

My alternative is to book a cabin at Wilderness (sleeps 6) and get some friends to go along but, they all have stuff to do or issues all the time...sigh...We'll see. I have until September to decide! LOL!